Accounts Assistant (2 Job Opportunities) at Uganda Society for Disabled Children (USDC)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Society for Disabled Children (USDC)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Society for Disabled Children (USDC) is an indigenous childhood non–government organisation in Uganda established in 1985 committed to recognizing and equalizing the rights of children with disabilities. USDC’s main aim is to help children with disabilities and their families to access resources and opportunities to enable them achieve their full potential and lead fulfilling lives.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant supports the management to collect and manage accurate financial data, originate timely donor financial reports, adhere to USDC and donor regulations. Is expected to adhere to accounting principles, policies and procedures in order to guide senior management in decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely preparation of assigned donor reports according to set guidelines and submit them to the Accountant before onward submission to destined audiences.
- Assist the Accountant to collate and manage financial information on assigned projects in the programme area and reviewing it to ensure accuracy.
- Support during consolidation and analysis of financial information and preparation of donor reports.
- Support monthly bank reconciliations, updating the payable and receivables ledgers, updating fixed assets ledgers and support all processes before any audit.
- Support implementation of project work plans according to set budgets and monitoring budget lines to confirm that all activities are in line with approved quarterly budgets
- Monitor accuracy of accounting software by checking that all necessary transactions have been posted on to the software
- Recommend financial and administrative improvements on the accounting software to Accountant.
- Support Parents Support Groups to develop good book keeping skills through regular training, mentoring and coaching.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a university degree in accounting, finance and a professional qualification from a recognized institute
- Previous experience of finance and accounting functions in a non-governmental organization.
How to Apply
All candidates should send an updated CV (max 2 pages); a letter of motivation (max 1 page) outlining how you meet the person specification (please state current or most recent salary); the names and contacts of three professional referees. Email to: [email protected]
Candidates should hand deliver application addressed to the Executive Director, Uganda Society for Disabled Children, Plot 112 Owen Road, Mulago Hill, Kampala. Tel 0776675577/ 0703417044