Accounts Semi Senior Associate at BDO East Africa
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: BDO East Africa
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Founded in 1963, BDO was known as Binder Seidman International Group at its inception. After a series of expansionary moves around the world, it adopted the name Binder Dijker Otte & Co in 1973. Today it is simply known as BDO, a single seamless professional services firm, cutting across cultural, geographical and industry frontiers.
BDO is currently the world’s fifth largest auditing and accounting network, with 44,000 professionals working in over 1,000 offices in 110 countries, delivering independent and respected advice.
Job Summary: The Accounts Semi Senior Associate will provide accounting services to various clients with a view to ensuring that BDO /DCDM continues to develop and retain a broad-based clientele and revenue base..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the seniors and managers as part of a team to service the clients of the integrated clients services department
- Ensure client management accounting files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section and are kept up-to-date
- Carry out ad hoc requirements as may be reasonably required by the manager
- Take responsibility for all client matters as directed by the senior and manager
- Prepare and dispatch client’s financial reports within the contracted time as required by the senior and manager
- Active adherence to budget and time pressures, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager
- Preparation of engagement letters and client acceptance documentation..
- Ensure professional standards are met.
- Communication and representation
- Must demonstrate strong team playing skills in all client and internal management dealings,
- Develop a professional relationship with the client and within BDO,
- Provide an efficient and pro-active service to the client and its internal management to ensure that their needs are fully met,
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by the BDO management team,
- Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges provided by the Integrated Client Services Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree level qualification or its equivalent.
- At least second level of CPA, ACCA qualification
- At least three to five years of strong accounting knowledge and experience
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards a professional accounting qualification as required by BDO.
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Be well organised and have the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Able to travel for at least two weeks
- Have an elementary level of general commercial awareness
- Good knowledge of MS applications – Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook and Accounting programs such as QuickBooks and Tally
- Good knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and IPSAS
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications to [email protected]
Deadline: 15th August 2019