Adjumani District Farmers Development association Jobs in Uganda : Market Site Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Adjumani District Farmers Development association (ADFDA)
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
Adjumani District farmers development association (ADFDA) is membership based organization formed in 1997 and registered as a CBO ,a company limited by guarantee ,NGO with board to represent small holder famers in Adjumani district with the aim of promoting gainful agriculture through technology development with the goal of increasing household food security, income and poverty alleviation.
Job Summary: The Market Site Officer will assist the emergence and set-up of the Market Stakeholders Platform in each of PRELNOR supported satellite I wholesale .market for MSPs to play a proactive role in the governance and use of these markets; (ii) Ensure that the local concerted processes involving all market stakeholders (producers, traders, transporters, Dockers, local authorities) is effective in the concerned market site; (iii) Support and organise market stakeholders within MSP (iv) Ensure that all performed activities are gender & youth inclusive.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose the different existing market stakeholders (groups and individuals);
- Enhance market stakeholders’ platform involving all different identified groups;
- Prepare and convene regular MSP meetings related to thematic issues pertaining to the overall market development process;.
- Participate in the identification of market stakeholders felt needs to strengthen their capacities and to facilitate;
- Facilitate peer exchanges and host peer visits;
- Strengthen each categories of market local stakeholders (particularly producers) to be able to stand for their interests in the market governance structure and beyond to become pro-active DFA leaders;
- Support market oriented farmers’ groups to identify action plans and develop business plans to access the PRELNOR matching grant set-up;
- Ensure that market site activities are gender and youth inclusive;
- Participate to all market site meetings and liaise with local authorities;
- Market information gathering and dissemination;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in agribusiness, agriculture, rural economy with knowledge in agricultural extension, adult education.
- A minimum of one to three years’ experience in domains linked to family farming agri-business with direct support to business oriented farmers’ groups (cooperatives, producers’ groups, post-harvest handing activities, SACCOS);
- Ability to write: the candidate must present such notes that s/he had to produce in previous assignments;
- Ability to operate in a team work context;
- Ability to work with e-tools (main software, social networks.) will be tested;
- Hold a valid driving licence (motorcycle);
- Working language: English, Madi language is a must.
- Age: Between 25-40 years
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates should send their hand delivery applications with detailed curriculum vita, photocopies of academic transcripts including names and addresses of three referees should be submitted to the address below:
The Chairperson, Board of Directors,
Adjumani Farmers Development Association,
P.O. Box 67, Adjumani, Tereza Lane, Adjumani Town Council.
Deadline: 30th November 2017