Administration Officer (Premises-Asset Management-Travel-Protocol) at World Food Programme
- Company: World Food Programme
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
We are seeking qualified a individual for the position of Administration Officer (Premises-Asset Management-Travel-Protocol) NOA to be based in Kampala. The selected candidate will be employed on a Fixed Term contract.
The UN World Food Programme (WFP), is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP Uganda focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies through; Building Resilience through predictable safety nets, improving Nutrition & Mother and Child Health and supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets while working to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
The Administration Officer (Premises-Asset Management-Travel-Protocol) NOA, role reports directly to the Head of Admnistration, based in kampala and works closely with the Area offices.
The position is the custodian of the grand vision of the scaling up of Cash-based transfer programming. Responsible for maximizing the value brought by the IT digital solution by understanding business and end-user requirements and prioritizing the work to be done. The position aims for an IT digital solution which achieves the highest quality in terms of technical usability, user acceptability, and domain suitability.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) 1/3
- Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
- Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives.
- Plan and coordinate the yearly physical inventory, oversight of the physical count process and reconcile the data after the physical Count;
- Plan and coordinate the disposal of the asset in junction with the GAS HQ team and UNHCR
- Responsible for facilitating short term visa needs for incoming staff, interns, consultants, and other short-term visitors.
Assessment and Analysis:
- Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel & Protocol management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Responsible for negotiating and re-assessing UN privileges with Government Ministries, local authorities for optimal terms.
- Analyze asset data and make data-driven decisions throughout the different phases of the asset lifecycle to improve the management of assets in all offices: (planning, acquisition, receipt and recording, Use, custodianship and repair, physical inventory, disposal)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 2/3
- Oversee the Asset Management Processes making sure the utilization is within corporate rules and regulations. Enhance the knowledge on our corporate GEMS Global Equipment Management System by providing on the job training to the CO and Field Staff;
- Provide guidance and support to other divisions on procurement of assets and facility management;
- Management of official travel – local and international – through coordination and negotiations with travel agency and airlines, management of Shipments, Travel Authorizations and other related documentation ensuring conformance to staff entitlements.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
- Review travel claims and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, validity, and conformity with WFP rules prior to approval and certification;
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Responsible for preparation of Duty Exemption Certificates for personal and household effects of arriving and departing staff and arranging clearance through Ministry of External Affairs, close co-ordination with the staff members and the clearing agent ensuring handing over of respective completed documents for timely clearance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES –3/3
Managing Team Members:
- Guide and advice staff in both Country/Area/Field offices, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with administrative queries.
- Supervise the day to day functions and coordinate all travel related matters within the Mission;
- Act as a focal for Head Quarters initiatives related to asset management, i.e. the yearly physical inventory, coordination and implementation of asset policy changes;
- Lead de-centralization of asset management: implement de-centralized framework, proposed revised TOR adjusted to CO needs, train field office focal points, provide 2nd level support;
- With the decentralized asset management framework, ensure high quality and consistency of GEMS data for IN/FO and managerial decisions both in country office and headquarters;
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Business Administration/Public Administration, Logistics or other relevant field relating to Administration.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in administration, finance/accounting, travel and protocal or related field is required
Language: Fluency in oral and written english
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Good working knowledge with the complete Microsoft Office suite, proficient in MS Excel. Ability to analyze, interpret and identify process improvements
- Experience building and maintaining good working relationships internally and externally
- Ability to conduct training and capacity building
- Extensive experience in BOS and the innovation to become greener and environmental conscious systems.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4 Feb. 2021