Adventist Development and Relief Agency Jobs in Uganda : Storekeeper
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Adventist Development and Relief Agency
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a humanitarian non-governmental organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church that demonstrates God’s love and compassion. The organization works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible action. Currently the organization implements relief and development projects in West Nile, Acholi, Karamoja and South-Western Uganda. ADRA wishes to recruit a highly qualified, experienced and energetic Ugandan national, to occupy the vacant position of Internal Auditor/Controller.
Comprehensive Emergency Medical Support (CEMS) – Field Emergency and Inpatient Unit + Comprehensive Primary and Secondary Health Clinic. The CEMS Project is contributing to run a static emergency medical unit 24/7 in Kyaka II Refugee Settlement that is serving the refugee community mainly from DRC, as well the host community.
Job Summary: The Storekeeper is responsible for the maintenance of a department’s storeroom which includes but is not limited to, stocking of operational materials and supplies, inventory control and records, purchasing, and related duties as required. The Stores Keeper is responsible for all the logistic matters at the field, and as so should be an organized and detail-oriented person to manage all of the operations in the hospital’s storeroom. In this position, plays a key role in the proper care and maintenance of stock, including ordering, receiving, and managing inventory. Should keep an accurate information about the inventories so according to stock plan let the management plan according to the information. The Storekeeper should also coordinate and participate in special and scheduled stock counts as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep an inventory of equipment and supplies in the CEMS and maintain monthly updated inventory;
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stock room;
- Tasked with receiving incoming materials and compare what has been shipped with the shipment order;
- Ensure that the pieces of equipment and materials in the CEMS are in good condition and fully operational;
- Stock the supplies in the storage and file all corresponding documentation;
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing and labelling supplies;
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those to account for reimbursements and record keeping;
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control;
- Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs;
- Performs related and peripheral site-specific duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ADRA Uganda Storekeeper job placement should have three years of previous experience in logistics and/or store procurement
- Ability to work in 8 hours shift, 5 working days
- Fluent in English, Swahili and French
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people from different educational, linguistic, cultural and religious backgrounds
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management – Mandatory
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications online at the link below