Advisor Land Inventory and customary Land Management, Teso at GIZ-RELAPU
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: GIZ-RELAPU
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
GIZ-RELAPU is a bilateral project of the Republic of Uganda and the Federal Republic of Germany funded by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). RELAPU aims to improve access to land as a key precondition for poverty and hunger reduction in rural areas for certain population groups, especially for women and marginalized groups, in Northern and Eastern Uganda”.
Job Title: Advisor Land Inventory and customary Land Management, Teso
Responsible Land Policy Uganda (RELAPU)
Report to: Team Leader
Duty Station: Soroti/Uganda
Ref. No: GIZ — RELAPU/A/111991 .
The advisor on land inventory and customary land rights for Teso is responsible for:
• Providing technical advice on traditional and customary land rights and conflict resolution processes to partners in eastern Uganda
• Designing and implementing a systematic land inventory of traditional lands leading to the provision of land inventory protocols and possibly Certificates of Customary Ownership (CCO) to landholders
• Supporting the expert of monitoring and evaluation on results based monitoring and close supervision of partners in the implementation of joint projects
• Ensuring regular reporting on project progress, innovations and results
• Mainstreaming gender sensitive approaches
• Backstopping of office (cartographer) and field staff (field officers) in the partner sub counties.
• Issuance of land inventory protocols and CCO in Teso region
• Technical advice to partners from civil society organizations, local authorities, traditional organizations, private investors and representatives on land management and land rights issues
• Supervision of land mapping, inventory and land registration process to ensure quality of results
• Support to the Communication Expert on awareness raising campaigns and strategies for capacity building and sensitization of the target population on land rights and land management
• Active participation in and organization of multi-stakeholder dialogues, interest groups and other platforms on land management in the region
• Enhance collaboration with other partners and projects working on lands issues, such as GIZ Civil Peace Service, interest groups, networks, Civil Society Organizations, local government services, private sector, etc.
• Ensure particular focus is given to rights of women and marginalized groups Initiate and oversee the implementation of financial agreements with partner organizations.
Implementation of responsible land policy.
• Organization of multi-stakeholder dialogues between civil society organizations, traditional authorities, private investors and representatives of the state on good land governance following the “Voluntary Guidelines on the Governance of Tenure” (VGGT).
Other duties/additional tasks
• Support to conflict management and conflict resolution processes on conflicts arising in the course of land inventory procedures
• Other duties and tasks at the request of project team leader.
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and related software (GPS, GIS) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Strong understanding of cultural, socio-ethnical context in Teso region
• Experience on gender mainstreaming and results-based monitoring
• Active, flexible and dynamic team player and excellent networker
• Good writing skills
• Excellent communication and coordination skills
• Experience in workshop organization or events management
• Experienced driver of motorcycles including in rough, muddy terrain.
Required experience Qualifications
• University degree in relevant field, preferably in geography, cartography, land management and land rights or any related field.
• Driving license for motorcycle and experience in driving a motorbike in rough terrain
• Minimum 3-5 years’ professional experience in land management and land rights in Uganda
• Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in land surveying or mapping, inventory and land registration or usage of GIS and databank management
• Experience in conflict mediation and establishing of systematic conflict resolution structures
• Work experience in Teso or adjacent regions would be an asset
• Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, knowledge of Ateso language is an added value.
Job Education Requirements: University degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3-5 years
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, by email: [email protected] quoting the position you are applying for and the reference No, as the subject. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 19th December 2019. Please note: This is a national position. Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 6 pages only. No other attachments are required at this stage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective al the working place. Disclaimer: GIZ DOES NOT charge any kind of FEE(s) at whichever stage of the recruitment process. This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.