Agricultural Corporate Sales Officer at SolarNow
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: SolarNow
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
To tackle this, SolarNow sells quality solar products and suitable appliances ranging from small household systems capable of powering a lights, radio, phone, TV and/or fridge to much larger systems suitable for offices, schools and machinery. Increasingly SolarNow is also catering to the needs of off-grid farmers by providing irrigation solutions and other agricultural appliances.
SolarNow provides credit and service that allows customers to spread payments over 24 months and receive service for 5 years. The company has over 1,000 employees and a network of 50 branches in Uganda and 15 branches in Western Kenya. There are concrete plans to expand within and beyond these territories.
Job Summary: SolarNow is hiring an Agricultural Corporate Sales Officer who will be responsible for Business to Business development, promotion and sales of agricultural equipment and appliances within Kampala sales region. As part of the activities, the Agri-CSO supports the agri-cooperate branch with building and maintaining an agri-cooperate sales pipeline, focussing on institutional and private sector networks, representing SolarNow at agri-network event and agricultural exhibitions, and is responsible to meet the monthly agri-sales targets, while ensuring clients satisfaction through excellent client care.
The Agricultural Corporate Sales Officer should be someone who cares deeply about improving livelihoods in Africa, but you bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to make change happen. You are excited about understanding this nascent industry, the SolarNow products, its unique value proposition and the difference they make. You have a successful track record in business to business sales, bringing products to rural off-grid markets and are a dynamic problem-solver who has strong empathy and passion for rural off-grid households and the people you work with, and you have strong affinity with improving the productivity in the agricultural sector. You are the person who represents the client in the organisation but are at the same time the number one advocate of the product and value proposition. You are curious and do not fear to challenge the status quo, but are sensitive in how to communicate this. You build strong and effective bridges within the organisation to achieve real results. You are not afraid to fail and see it as an opportunity to learn!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure revenue growth through ever increasing client satisfaction by:
- Focus on the right target markets (NGO sector, public institutions, agri-businesses, commercial (peri-urban) farmers and farmer groups, farmer support organizations, agricultural research institutions)
- Focus on network events, exhibitions, sector meetings and call for proposals to penetrate your target market
- Develop the right pitch for each of the different target markets, through appropriate value propositions, proposalspresentations, and demonstrations.
- Actively engage and follow up on prospective leads through the Customer Relationship Management system, and follow up communications and visits to clients.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Solarnow Agricultural Corporate Sales Officer job placement must hold a Diploma or degree in Agricultural Economics, Business Development or related field.
- Three to five years of business to business sales experience.
- Proven sales track records, preferably with agricultural equipment, agro-input, or agricultural financial products
- List of professional business references.
- Wide institutional network in agricultural sector.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with MS office
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and excellent client relationship management skills,
Compensation and benefits:
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail to [email protected] with their updated CVs (no other documents). Please use the following subject: Application for Agricultural Technical Officer – “Your Name”.
NB: SolarNow will review applications based on a first come first serve basis and might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate haven been found.