American Refugee Committee Int. Jobs in Uganda : Protection Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: American Refugee Committee (ARC) International
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Security Jobs in Uganda
The Protection Manager will work with implementing partners in the settlement to ensure the principles of effective and high quality GBV programming are applied by providing technical support and supervision consistent with international and national standards. The incumbent will provide leadership to the sector and oversee all GBV-related activities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promote excellence in GBV/Protection programs ensuring quality of activities and targeted impact, and compliance with international and national standards
- Develop and support collection, analysis and use of data to improve GBV program implementation and promote effective monitoring and evaluation systems, through baseline surveys, Technical surveys and end line surveys
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Protection Program Proposals, in line with Refugee interests.
- Ensure issues and challenges are addressed in a timely and participatory manner, keeping stakeholders Informed.
- Support capacity building activities – design, implement and monitor high quality programming through mentoring, training and evaluations..
- Provide representation and coordination in field, Regional, and International Protection meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Public Health required with a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work/Social Sciences
- A minimum of five years of program management experience in GBV or similar with internally displaced populations, refugees, or other post conflict settings.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of reproductive health and gender issues as well as GBV.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of counseling and ability to adapt psychosocial knowledge and skills to cultural context
- Knowledge and Understanding of IASC, WHO, Global Protection Cluster guidelines
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an application letter, updated CV & copies of academic documents via email only to [email protected] addressed to The Human Resources Manager American Refugee Committee International Kampala.
Deadline: 13th January, 2017