Area Manager, West & South West at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Area Manager, West & South West will ensure high quality and cost-effective programme & project implementation within the designated geographical area. This role reports to the Country Director and will supervise the area teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in developing innovative programming for urban H2R populations
- Implement community based programming with protection lens.
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions and contribute to the identification of opportunities to implement cash-based interventions and market based programs.
- Enable and ensure the participation of NRC in cash-based coordination platforms.
- Line management for senior project staff and support functions (and Field Office Coordinators) in the area
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening and closure meetings at area level
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources) and aligned to regional and global strategies
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans, including cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
- Represent NRC and networking on area level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff and overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Area Manager, West & South West job placement should hold an educational degree in management, business, social science or other relevant subject
- Three years of experience from working as a Senior Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex contexts
- Experience in implementing and managing cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Strong protection background
- Knowledge of Great lake region
- Experience of implementing programs in humanitarian development nexus context
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
How to Apply
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 10th October 2019