Caritas Jobs in Uganda : Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Caritas Uganda
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Sciences
Caritas Uganda is the social service and development arm of the Catholic Church in Uganda. The organization, in partnership with Caritas Norway, is implementing a Food, Income and Livelihoods Programme [FILP] whose goal is to improve food, nutrition and income security for households in West-Nile and Lango sub regions. Caritas Uganda encourages equal opportunity for all in its operations.
The post is situated in Caritas Uganda National Office at the Uganda Catholic Secretariat. Under the overall supervision of the National Director, the MEAL Officer will report to the Programmes Coordinator and will work in close cooperation with the implementing dioceses of Arua, Lira and Nebbi. She/he will be required to link up with relevant Government agencies, non-government organisations and civil society organizations.
The MEAL Officer will provide overall technical leadership for the MEAL approach and strategy for the Food, Income and Livelihood Programme (FILP). The Officer will provide MEAL expertise in the development and implementation of the MEAL plan, build capacities of programme staff and ensure that data quality standards are monitored, met and reported timely. The position requires regular monitoring field visits to assess programme progress.
Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Provide leadership to FILP in terms of knowledge management and learning with a particular focus on the use of scientifically sound and practical methods of capturing outcomes and impact of interventions.
- Implement the MEAL plan framework for the programme and develop approaches and tools based on agreed results frame and theory of change.
- Build capacity of programme staff in monitoring and evaluation, and specifically, how to demonstrate results.
- Guides programme and the dioceses in their annual work planning and reporting.
- Review monitoring reports to assess interim impacts and identify causes of potential and actual bottlenecks in implementation and success.
- Coordinate compilation of information and reports prepared by the dioceses in accordance with approved reporting formats.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Postgraduate Diploma or Masters in Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Masters in Project Planning, Development Studies, Programme Management, Agronomy, Sociology, Statistics, Economics or related fields from a reputable Institutions of learning,
- Five-year relevant experience in general programme/ project-related work, including experience in resultsbased monitoring and evaluation.
- Post graduate Diploma in financial management for none financial officer is an added advantage.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in agronomy, biodiversity conservation and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Familiarity with M-E standards, principles and results based management concepts.
How to Apply
Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments. Interested persons should submit a resume, letter of intent and academic testimonials (hard copies) clearly stating the job applied for to the above address or email to [email protected] , and copy [email protected]