Cash Transfer Officer at World Vision International
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Vision International
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda - Administrative Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Cash Transfer Officer will be tasked with implementing all aspects WFP Cash based transfers interventions. S/he will be responsible for initiating action in the areas of cash based transfer, build capacity and provide orientation to cash transfer staff in the program. The role will be in charge of developing monthly cash transfer scheduled based on completed work norms, over-seeing distribution and reporting on CBP to both WFP and WV.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Training & capacity building
- Provide trainings/orientation/technical inputs to Project staff to enhance capacity in relation to CBP in the programme areas.
- Training cash management committees and volunteers to enable them support cash distribution.
- Conduct financial literacy sensitization session for beneficiaries in collaboration with WFP and DLG focal persons.
- Build the capacity of DLG staff on CBT programming.
- Coordinates with the technical staff coming from across Sectors for planning and implementations of the deliverables under the CBT section.
Cash based Transfers implementation
- Lead and oversee the implementation of cash component of the Adjumani Cash for Asset project.
- Support in development and implementation of work-norms as the basis for determine monthly cash entitlements for beneficiaries.
- Helps in making work plans, project identification, proposals and budget design for Cash based programme.
- Provide options to leadership and in management of challenges when visiting the operational areas.
- Liaise with project staff to prepare monthly payment schedule based on completed work-norms.
- Liaise with WFP for the cash release note and service provider to ensure distributions happen as planned.
- Supervises and consult the distribution team in the field.
Accounting and reporting
- Submits relevant documents to Senior FAIRO for cash based transfers reporting.
- Prepare and submit reports for CTS and Management and ensure proper accounting for all Cash transfers in the assigned Zone.
- Consolidate, Compile and submit quality reports to Project Coordinator as directed.
- Ensure that all reports are highly accurate, comprehensive, well documented and will guarantee the credibility of the program.
- Ensure monthly Cash Transfer Monthly Report is completed and forwarded to the Snr. FAIRO for upload in the DGB.
- Ensure monthly Support Offices allocation table is completed and uploaded in the DGB.
Networking & external engagements
- Represent World Vision Uganda at the monthly & quarterly Cash based transfer working groups in the response and any other meeting as required to share progress, challenges and appropriate follow up plans.
- Work with the Accountability officer to establish and implement feedback and complaints mechanisms on CBT across the programme areas. This will include documenting all cases reported related to CBT and ensuring that they are handled and references made to the responsible partners.
- Develop and disseminate Information and Education Communication materials on Cash Based Transfer.
- Supervise volunteers during cash distribution exercise.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Cash Transfer Officer job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in business related course or community development. Experience in community work and cash based programming.
- One to two years of experience in community work and cash based programming an added advantage
- Passion for children.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is and added advantage
- Entrepreneurship, micro finance and strong agribusiness skills
- Computer literate
- Writing and reporting skills
- Networking and influencing skills
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th September 2019