Catholic Relief Services Jobs in Uganda : Procurement Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Catholic Relief Services – CRS
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle to assist the acquisition of goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities applying the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports requestors to prepare complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
- The Procurement Assistant will also provide support in the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Assists the Procurement Officer in the continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
- Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
- Purchases items following CRS procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
- Prepares Payment Requests, ensuring all the supporting documentation is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment to vendors; and, follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
- Maintaining procurement master files and records and ensuring completeness and accuracy of documents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Procurement Assistant job opportunity should hold a High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree is desired
- At least two years of related work experience in supporting procurement/purchasing, logistics, and/or administration processes and activities.
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of local market conditions.
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge in MS Office package (Excel and Word).
- Keen attention to detail with good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): Serves with Integrity, Models Stewardship, Cultivates Constructive Relationships, Promotes Learning
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters, CVs and three work references (names and contact information only) to [email protected]
Deadline: 5th October 2017 by 5:00PM