Christian University Jobs in Uganda : Data Administrator
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
- Location: Mukono, Central Region, Uganda
- State: mukono
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Data Administrator will be responsible for maintaining students’ registration and admission records by daily and regular system updates and ensuring data consistency and integrity in order to meet the necessary requirements for timely and efficient production of students’ registration and admission records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Data Administrator will capture students’ details
- Update records for admitted students
- Update database with relevant data about registered students.
- Generate relevant reports particularly;
- Statistics for use by the various departments of UCU such as registered student lists to departments
- Analysis of all students’ particulars/details.
- Responsibility for the security and backups of the data
- Maintain the computer networking system & electronic equipment of the department
- Assist in training database users
- Manage semester registration and update students’ marks in ARIMS for each semester.
- Carry out all necessary checks for the students’ details in the ARIMS Database.
- Maintain client services and respond to inquiries.
- Perform other official duties as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Data Administrator must hold a good Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- At least two years of experience in Academic Management Database Systems.
- Committed Christian of high integrity and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong internal and external customer relations skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative.
- Excellent IT and computer skills including spreadsheets and Data Analysis Software.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vita and three references. Please attach copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts on each application. Send to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: [email protected]
NB: All online applications must be sent in one PDF attachment.
Deadline: 25th June 2018 by 5:00 pm