Community Development Officer at Hunger Free World
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Hunger Free World
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Reporting line: Senior Programs Manager
About the Organization
The objective of HFW is to create a world free of hunger. Being able to access adequate food in order to sustain a healthy body and mind is the most fundamental human right. HFW aims to make this “Right to Food” a reality for all.
Purpose Responsible for managing Community Development Programs..
Program Implementation – 60%
• Monitor and operationalize aggregated farm input fund for Hunger Free cooperatives (MOFA project or as shall be directed by project manager from time to time).
• Build capacity of cooperative members to save and improve on their share(s) as individuals and as cooperative institution.
• Monitor operation and maintenance schedules of the Hunger Free coop machineries such as maize mill, tractor (Mofa project or as shall be directed by project manager).
• Assist your supervisor to monitor management of restricted shock absorbing operational support fund and make reports on its usage.
• Assist Senior Programmes Manager to make reports on decisions made on retained earnings and monitor its management
• Assist Senior Programmes Manager to reconcile the accounts records (yellow cards) with quick books data entries.
• Receive loan applications from the cooperative members and site visit them to inspect their physical residents.
• Sign loan agreements as witnesses which bind the borrower to the HFZ cooperative society.
• Draft loan payment schedules and entering weekly HFZ transactions in quick books for each HFZ cooperative.
• Monitor ongoing and implemented HFZ cooperative projects
• Prepare monthly, Quarterly, and Annual program reports,
• Contribute and participating in the mid-term and term evaluation of the cooperatives documenting all information related to project successes and best practices, creating a bank of pictures, videos, and most significant change stories on the project, and documenting and reporting initial market assessment findings,
• Participate in regular market research, market monitoring, market trends and market information feedback for various commodities, especially beans and maize..
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
• A bachelor degree in Community Development, Development Studies, Business Studies, or related fields,
• Ability to construct, interpret, critique budgets and track expenditure,
• At least 4 years of experience working in the community development sector,
• Demonstrate ability to foster partnerships with community and/or Government agencies/organizations and groups,
• Knowledge of community development, empowerment and mentoring approaches Research, monitoring and evaluation skills,
• Experience with small business financing, market analysis and market research,
• Good oral & written communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, three (3) professional references via email to [email protected] Please include “Community Development Officer Candidate” in the subject line of your email. Deadline: 21st /06/2019