Community Resilience & Livelihoods Program Manager at Hope Worldwide International Uganda
- Company: Hope Worldwide International Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
Hope Worldwide International Uganda is a registered non-profit making organization limited by guarantee under s.371 (1) of the companies act, and also as a non-governmental organization under the NGO registration statute 1989, with registration No: 2159. It was established for charitable, benevolent and developmental purposes founded on Christian principle. Our focus is to Create hope and an enabling environment for children and women to attain their full life potential through improved Agricultural services, Education and life skills development, Integrated Health, Legal and Human rights advocacy, water /environmental protection, Community Resilience, Livelihoods and Climate Change.
Job Summary: The Community Resilience & Livelihoods Program Manager will acrtively contribute to achieving Hope Worldwide International-Uganda’s (HWI-U) child wellbeing targets in designated intervention clusters through planning, monitoring and implementing the Community Resilience & Livelihood programme in line with applicable technical approaches and HWIU national strategy. Oversee roll out of best practices and models in a manner that promotes ownership, sustainability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project planning and implementation
- Manage all aspects of the Community Resilience & Livelihood Program including recruitment, supervision and capacity building of all CRLH staff; review project proposal materials and develop a detailed implementation and monitoring plan and adapt program to changing context as needed.
- Discuss and agree with programmes Coordinator, and other stakeholders on proposed activities, implementation and monitoring plan, roles and responsibilities of each team member.
- Supervise and monitor ongoing activities under the Community Resilience & Livelihood projects
- Ensure quality in the roll out of project models ensuring sufficient funds allocated to particular activities in annual plans
- Coordinate and oversee Community Resilience &Livelihood projects being implemented by partners and technical resource persons.
- Initiate and participate in Production and food production district Advocacy initiatives
- Liaise with the National office technical specialists for quality implementation of Community Resilience &Livelihood projects.
- Ensure cross cutting themes are mainstreamed in Community Resilience &Livelihood projects.
- Ensure operational integration with other HWI sectors in intervention areas such as Health, education and child protection.
- Work with CSDAs to ensure Registered Children and their households are participating and benefiting from health programme interventions.
Technical support and training
- Identify local level capacity needs and support capacity building activities for HWIU staff and partners to improve the quality of resilience &Livelihoods
- Participate in development /adaption of training curriculum/manuals for implementation in the program area
- Mobilization and conducting trainings to build capacities of staff and partners on Resilience &Livelihood models
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Farmer organizations helping in strengthening their organizational and institutional capacities
- Identify technical experts to train partner with in training farmer organizations and community groups
- Liaise with the National Office technical specialists on staff capacity building in community Resilience & Livelihood programming
Partnership and networking
- Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the District level.
- Participate and represent HWIU in key donor engagements and technical working forums at district, Region and National level when applicable
- Act as a Point of contact for consultation on issues to do with Community Resilience and Livelihood program.
- Work closely with District initiatives through the District Cooperative alliance and Production department Office
Research, Documentation and Evidence building
- Effectively document all information related to project successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms.
- Responsible for capturing child well-being indicators related to Resilience and Livelihood projects in the cluster
- Ensure identification of research areas, conduct research and document key learning
- Conduct information needs assessments in sustainable agriculture, value addition and marketing
- Spear head the Cluster Resilience & livelihood output & outcome monitoring processes
- Support processes of project baselines and evaluation of Resilience & Livelihood projects and interventions.
- Track and manage budgets allocated for the projects across assigned APs
- Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports
- Participant in Cluster management meetings and reflection forums
- Support implementation of grants and PNs in area of operation
- Identify and initiate viable funding proposals for resource acquisition to support Community Resilience &Livelihood programme interventions.
- Participate in resource mobilization through concept papers/proposal writing for fund raising and market them with support offices and other donors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in BSC Agriculture
- Five years of practical experience in food security programming including Natural resource management.
- At least three of which must have been involved in program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good Training facilitation and coordination skills
- Experience in development of Proposals/concept papers development for fund raising
- Excellent Research, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Experience in conducting Needs assessment and report writing
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Highly motivated to achieve quality results and service
- Demonstrated accountability and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively
- A good team player
- Ability to work with communities
Method of Application
N.B: No hand delivery application will be accepted.
Deadline: 28th February 2020