Compassion International Jobs in Uganda : Program Support Specialist- Survival and Early Childhood
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Compassion International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education Jobs in Uganda - Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Compassion International is a Christ Centered non-governmental organization dedicated to child development. Through a holistic approach, Compassion International addresses the spiritual, economic, social and physical aspects of the neediest children in communities to help them become responsible and fulfilled Christian adults.
Job Summary: The Program Support Specialist- Survival and Early Childhood consults on, develops and implements holistic child development programs and interventions. The specialist generally provides highly competent knowledge in one or more holistic development subspecialties in this field and is helpful in others. At this career level, the incumbent supports the local program design, performing independently on moderately complex issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Supports overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in individual areas of specialization. Aids partnership facilitators, learning staff, communications staff and managers by providing coaching and knowledge within area of specialty. Supports child development community learning and improvement among staff and other stakeholders.
- Designs, contextualizes and supports holistic development programming for pregnant mothers, caregivers, infants and children through the age of 5.
- Assess the availability and accessibility of existing development opportunities for caregivers and children through age 5.
- Collaborate with Partnership Facilitators to recommend age- appropriate curriculum and programming for all existing and new Implementing Church Partner’s (ICPs) local context.
- Focus on equipping Implementing Church Partners (ICPs) to understand CDPR measures for the 1-2 and 3-5 age-groups and how assessments for this age group are best performed.
- Assist Partnership Facilitators and ICPs to use Survival and Child Support funds strategically for caregivers and children through age 5.
- Regularly monitors operational, health and other beneficiary data in order to identify good practices and areas for improvement. Based on these findings, he/she will recommend appropriate follow-up such as coaching, training, adjustments to program design, or ways to pilot or innovate in order to improve programming for pregnant mothers, caregivers and young beneficiaries
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Public Health, Pediatric Health, Social Work or other related field
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar position in an NGO setting.
- Ability to think strategically, create detailed plans and execute efficiently.
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate survival and/or early childhood programs.
- Ability to support, train and coach program generalists in survival and early childhood programming implementation
- Ability to make recommendations on program delivery and influence peers.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the importance of good quality monitoring data in an overall Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) framework.
- Ability to assess multiple data sources/information and make and communicate decisions.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate discussions across multiple working groups and departments.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cultural sensitivity and high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to network with other ministries and organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, three professional references, reference letter from your current Pastor / Reverend, copies of academic qualification documents to:
The Senior Human Resource Business Partner,
Compassion International Uganda,
Plot 8A3, Baskerville Avenue, Kololo,
P.O. Box 8936, Kampala.
Deadline: 27th November 2017 by 5:00pm