Cook / House Keeper at Show Mercy International
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Show Mercy International
- Location: Uganda
- State: wakiso
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel & Tourism Jobs in Uganda
Show Mercy International is a Non-government Christian Organization dedicated to transforming lives. We are seeking for passionate born-again Christians with experience in the following fields to join our team; Our ministry is fueled by a passion for people. In 2003, when we (Mike and Lori Salley – Co-Founders) first went to Uganda, we experienced the LOVE of Jesus in an incredible way. We knew then, we had to extend this same opportunity to others. That’s when Show Mercy was born. Since then, thousands of people have rallied around this passion at SMI, and together we are making a life changing difference – not only in Ugandan families, but in people all around the world.
Job Summary: The Cook / House Keeper will mainly create a clean and orderly environment for guests, ensure all rooms are catered for and meet the standards with adequate consumables and report any damages or inadequacies. The incumbent will also cook meals for staff and visitors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize work schedule (alongside the Manager) from the room status list, arrivals and departures and ensure timely cleanliness of guest rooms, corridors, verandas, and lounges.
- Distribute linen, towels and ensure dirty linens are replaced with clean ones as well as transfer dirty linen to the laundry.
- Account for room supplies such as towels, linens, utensils and other supplies as well as writing lists for needed supplies/foods.
- Provide timely catering services to guests and staff whilst following directions and working with minimal supervision.
- Be part of the day-to-day catering arrangements with the rest of the catering staff to ensure timely and professional catering services are provided
- Help prepare and serve meals to staff or guests.
- In charge of the preparation of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Realign furniture and amenities according to prescribed layout and check if all appliances in the rooms are in good working condition.
- Quickly respond to guest queries and requests.
- Respond to reports for housekeeping problems such as broken/faulty items and report any maintenance issues, safety hazards or damage of property.
- Ensure security of guest rooms and property by always keeping doors under lock after the guests leave.
- Maintain a clean kitchen environment at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Born-again Christian.
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or Certificate in Tourism and Hotel Management, Leisure and hospitality or any related field.
- One year of experience in hotel or hospitality management.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards is essential
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Customer-oriented and friendly.
- Working quickly without compromising quality.
- Keen attention to detail.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should email their applications, CV, academic papers and recommendation letter from their pastor to [email protected] or hand deliver these to our base by calling 0781660766 or 0704232561
Deadline: 4th July 2019