Danish Refugee Council Jobs in Uganda : Shelter & Infrastructure Coordinator
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Shelter & Infrastructure Coordinator will oversee and quality-assure all Shelter and Infrastructure projects within DRC Uganda. S/he is responsible to oversee the technical work of a team of Engineering Officers and Assistants. He/she will ensure that technical specification for all infrastructure works are in line with DRCs Infrastructure Manual. In addition, he/she will be responsible for complying with donor and internal DRC reporting and accountability policy and procedures. He/she is also tasked with providing technical assistance and guidance to the infrastructural works across the country program, as well as keeping the overview of all ongoing and committed works and updating SMT in Kampala on performance and risks associated with works.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management, implementation and reporting
- Oversee and quality assure all aspects of shelter and infrastructure works undertaken by DRC Uganda.
- Support the development of BOQs for infrastructure and shelter activities and quality assure these according to defined national standards.
- Confirm all construction works are initiated and monitor and ensuring documentation and verification of progress.
- Develop a monitoring scheme which includes performance and impact indicators for all infrastructures related activities.
- Inspect and supervise work for quality control and compile inspection report.
- Ensure project accomplishments according to specifications and targets.
- Provide ad-hoc technical support to field based engineers
- Participate and ensure quality and technical standards of the capacity building trainings activities at all levels.
- With the support of DRC MEAL function: develop proper and solid data collection, management and analysis methods for verifying progress on shelter and infrastructure works.
- Review and contribute to the writing of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, donor and other reports in the areas of infrastructure and shelter.
- Ensure procurement plan developed and executed on timely basis.
- In collaboration with Procurement team and field teams: Support BID document preparation and BID selection process.
- Brief contractors upon awarding the contracts.
- Ensure payment to contractors are made in time and are effectively done within project period.
Coordination and representation:
- Responsible for coordination with stakeholders in infrastructure works in collaboration with field offices and head office.
- Develop relationship with a range of key stakeholders including OPM, UN Agencies, Local Governments, Ministry of works and other relevant Ministry and Private Sector.
- Obtain all relevant standard BOQs, design, drawings from Ministry of Works and ensure all relevant BOQs and designs have been approved by Local Authorities
- Representation of DRC and active participation in the field and Kampala level infrastructure sector working groups and debates.
- Ensure technical support is provided with other sectors of DRC if required (i.e. shelter construction).
- Responsible for the development of concept note, project plans, budgets and funding proposals.
- Support field team to undertake gap analysis in the areas of infrastructure and shelter
- Execute other duties as signed by the supervisor
- Support in the development of budgets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Shelter & Infrastructure Coordinator job placement should preferably relevant qualifications and experience
NB: This is a re-advertisement so those who applied earlier needn’t re-apply
How to ApplyAll suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and please indicate your salary expectations
- Updated and detailed -The CV should include information about your qualifications, relevant training courses, work experience, and name and contact details of three relevant references.