Danish Refugee Council Jobs in Uganda : Supply Chain Team Leader
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Location: Central Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Team Leader will provide efficient and effective Procurement and Logistics implementation and smooth running of departmental operations according to DRC’s internal and donor procedures, as per the Operations Handbook.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead coordination between the logistics team and program managers to facilitate effective, efficient, and timely implementation of DRC logistics procedures according to DRC’s Operations Handbook on Warehouse, Assets & Inventory, and Fleet Management chapters.
- Ensure Program Managers and other key program staff are informed of areas of logistics responsibilities and where cooperation from other departments is required.
- Produce logistics reports on a weekly and monthly basis such as warehouse stock report, fleet utilization report, and asset lists according to DRC’s internal templates and procedures – ensure that correct templates are being used and filled out in their entirety, flagging issues and gaps in documentation to the Area Manager or Country Supply Chain Manager as required.
- Conduct spot checks of warehouse, fleet, and asset management to ensure implementation and documentation is up to date and produce review reports on areas where improvement is needed.
- Develop work plans with Logistics staff as necessary to increase compliance and understanding of DRC procedures.
- Report all anomalies on documentation to the Area Manager and Country Supply Chain Manager immediately.
- Enforce DRC’s Code of Conduct support the Area Manager with any reporting on issues related to corruption, collusion, and fraud.
- Establish a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the DRC Operations Handbook chapter on Procurement Management, local law, and donor requirements.
- Advocate with all program teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with DRC Operations Handbook and Area Performance Indicators (APIs), this includes leading the process of procurement planning and convening regular meetings with Program colleagues to provide feedback on planned purchases, committing to realistic timelines for delivery and implementation.
- Supervise all procurement processes and implement/reinforce a tracking system for all local and central procurement on behalf of program teams.
- Responsible for ensuring a weekly Procurement Tracking Table (PRTT) is updated and accurate, circulated on a weekly basis to Kampala and all Area Program, Finance, and Supply Chain colleagues.
- Ensure suppliers are vetted according to DRC policies and an updated supplier database exists with comments on performance and contract tracking.
- Ensure proper accounting, reporting, internal controls and maintenance/filing of records.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Coordinate with Country Supply Chain Manager to ensure that all issues are reported and solutions are realized as the issues arise.
Facilities, Warehouses and Asset Management
- Ensure all assets have service/maintenance records and where necessary that assets are disposed of according to DRC guidelines and local laws.
- Provide training and management to Logistics Assistant with regards to asset management and tracking and ensure implementation of tracking system is in place at each location.
- Ensure all DRC assets are registered, tracked, and maintained in line with DRC asset management policies.
- Ensure the implementation of regular asset verification at least on a bi-annual basis.
- Ensure the inclusion of donor requirements in asset registers to facilitate correct asset transfer/disposal during project liquidation.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation of stock management systems, including implementation of stock cards and bin cards, as well as regular tracking of receipt and dispatch of items.
- Ensure Program staff are informed of roles and responsibilities of logistics staff, including making recommendations to the Area Manager regarding approved signatories on standard documentation (waybills, Release Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.) as per the DRC Operations Handbook.
- Ensure appropriate fleet management, in line with DRC guidelines, through the use and verification of log books, fuel consumption registers and regular servicing and maintenance.
- Analyze the DRC vehicle usage to maximize efficiency and ensure timely program implementation.
- Inspect all DRC vehicles for registration and appropriate licensing documents.
- Track all fleet and produce a consolidated asset utilization report on a monthly basis for review.
- Make recommendations to Area Manager and Country Supply Chain Manager regarding improvements to fleet utilization, vehicle maintenance, and disposal on at least a monthly basis.
- Ensure Weekly Movement Plans are implemented and all KISS movements are coordinated to other Area / Field / Country Offices are done in accordance with the DRC Fleet Utilization Policy.
- Produce work plans for logistics and procurement staff and train staff on regular updates of work planning and reporting against SMART objectives.
- Oversee the performance of the logistics and procurement team in Adjumani.
- Based on Grant Opening meetings and requirements for the Supply Chain departments in Adjumani, make recommendations on staffing to the Area Manager and support with recruitment as required and requested.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements regarding procurement, inventory, and asset management.
- Train staff on compliance with internal reporting requirements and required contributions to donor and other reporting.
- Support program teams’ and managers’ with logistics and build program staff capacity.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council Supply Chain Team Leader job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply chain/Logistics Management.
- A minimum of five years of work experience in relevant field INGO or other agencies experience in Supply Chain management.
- Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale logistics and programs with large-scale procurement requirements.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cope with heavy workloads and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
How to ApplyApplications should be in English and include the following:
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.