Data Analysis and Reporting Specialist at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Comprehensive report for 2019:
- Analysis methodology and workplan (by end January 2020)
- Outline of report (by mid-February 2020)
- Report including detailed content analysis, findings and recommendations to be presented to UNHCR for review, feedback and finalization within agreed timeline (draft report by 31 March 2020 for review and feedback by UNHCR, final report by 15 April 2020)
- Meeting to present and discuss findings and conclusions with senior management and other stakeholder
- Ensure that FRRM data is consolidated on a monthly basis from all different sources.
- Ensure that all FRRM cases are classified according to their content and work towards automating the process.
- Design and implement automated content analysis monthly reports highlighting all the trends through an AGD lens.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Data Analysis and Reporting Specialist job placement must hold a University degree in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences, data science, gender studies or any related area
- At least four years of relevant work experience in data analysis and writing high quality analytical reports and research products. If holder of post-graduate university degree, minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience in gender and/or protection analysis, gender and protection mainstreaming, and age and gender sensitive, responsive and transformative programming is a must.
- Experience in inclusive programming in humanitarian or development context is a must
- Knowledge of the UN system and the humanitarian community.
- Ability to formulate Information Management-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Second-level university degree (e.g. statistics) – desirable
- Experience working with refugees desirable
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft excel and other statistical analysis software/s.
- Excellent word processing skills
- Ability to review and analyse data and produce high quality visual graphics representing data sets.
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of UNHCR’s work and mandate;
- High level of integrity and respect for values and principles of UNHCR
- Demonstrate the highest level of commitment to and respect for persons of concern to UNHCR, partners and colleagues in all aspects of work and ensure that personal professional behavior is of the highest standard.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about UNHCR’s Age, Gender and Diversity Policy.
- Experience producing advocacy products and reports for UN or other humanitarian agencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural team environment
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
How to Apply
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 10th February 2020