Data Assistant at World Health Organisation (WHO)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
The World Health Organisation (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations (UN) system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Job Summary: The Data Assistant will coordinate and analyze Data that will be received in real-time from the operational level to the National Level, using ODK tools. The incumbent will also provide any ODK trainings as necessary Provide solutions to any OCK problems identified at all levels. Feedback any Data quality discrepancy issues to the field coordinators for verification and action in real time. The jobholder will provide to the National coordination structures, feedback as received from the field for any corrective action. The Data Assistant will provide on a progressive basis the actual attainment of coverage’s in Districts and regions for immediate remedial actions. The jobholder will also support the Coverage Survey Team in implementing and analyzing the results of the Coverage Survey data’s. The incumbent will support the final MR Campaign Coverage and Report compilation
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop MR campaign ODK checklists/tools.
- Format the MR campaign checklists/tools for uploading on ODK server.
- Conduct ODK training for national and sub national levels MR campaign supervisors.
- Install ODK and ISST on smart phones of national and sub national levels MR campaign supervisors.
- Regularly monitor and share monthly Feedback on ODK use and reporting of national and sub national level MR campaign supervisors and other EPI stakeholders
- Enter the Real Time Data as received from the field Establish, maintain and up-date databases of the MR Data Analyze the real time data received and give actionable recommendations to National and District coordinators
- Provide ODK back-up support to the MR campaign implementers
- Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to national level.
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to Districts and Regions for action.
- Keenly track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers.
- Perform any other activities as required by WHO Representative
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the United Nations World Health Organization (WHO) Data Assistant job should have completed secondary education; preferably supplemented by a technical or university degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Monitoring & Evaluation or data management related field with additional data management training.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in health related data management.
- Previous exposure and experience in quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information for program planning and management.
- Experience in database development.Working knowledge of statistical application programs (EPI INFO, SPSS, STATA etc.) and mapping programs (HealthMapper, ArcGIS, MapInfo etc)
- Experience in managing health related data
- Strong IT knowledge with training.
- Data Management and IT skill with working experience
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Beginners knowledge of French.
How to Apply
All candidates who so desire to join the United Nations World Health Organisation (WHO) by sending their online applications to enable WHO to store their personal profiles in a permanent database. Visit WHO’s e-recruitment website below and follow the instructions for online application procedures.
NB: All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
Deadline: 31st May 2019