Database Administrator at Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
- Company: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34-networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide; regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
The Database Administrator will Plan and develop a database ensuring the performance, integrity and security of all institution’s application databases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, develop/customise and install enterprise databases in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Maintain database integrity by ensuring database parameters, objects and access are standardised and managed.
- Maintain database security by ensuring security plans and measures are laid out and followed.
- Monitor database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters.
- Maintain business continuity preparedness for enterprise databases by implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Perform system database integrations to introduce new innovative business channels by ensuring an end to end integration with third party systems.
- Introduce new technology tools and applications that enable accommodation of changing business requirements.
- Planning, sizing installation and configuration of enterprise database management systems on new server installations during primary disaster recovery and staging environment setups.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary and capacity planning.
- Budget for new installations, licensing.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, or any related field.
- Certifications in Microsoft certified database administrator (MSCDBA) or Oracle database, Microsoft SQL.
- At least three years of working experience in a busy ICT Environment preferably within a banking institution.
Method of Application
Deadline: 4th April 2020