IT Datawarehouse Specialist at UMEME
- Company: UMEME
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Design, model, or implement corporate data warehousing activities.
Program and configure warehouses of database information and provide support to warehouse users. .
Specific duties/ Accountabilities:
• Develop and implement data extraction procedures from other systems.
• Design, configure, optimize, monitor, and maintain the Umeme data warehouse and in doing so provide an effective, reliable, and secure data warehouse environment.
• Provide or coordinate troubleshooting support for data warehouses.
• To manage the implementation of identified data warehouse projects based on a broad and detailed knowledge of current and emerging data warehouse technologies and to provide technical input into projects undertaken by or impacting on UMEME.
• To act as a technical subject matter expert on technical issues as part of the decision-making process for technical direction and procurement of new data warehousing systems.
• Map data between source systems, data warehouses, and data marts.
• Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
Knowledge, qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in IT, Computer Science, or its equivalent.
• Technical certification in Data warehouse management.
• Track record in Data warehouse implementation & management.
• At least 8 years’ experience in Data warehouse management
• Experience across the entire Data warehouse project lifecycle
• Previous experience in the utility sector
• Experience in SAP Business Warehouse
Skills and Competences:
• Planning and Organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Integrity and honesty
• Problem-solving and good judgment skills
• Analytical skills
• Keen to learn and to share knowledge
• Sound DBA background with an understanding of Oracle and SQL
• Competence in preparation of business and technical specifications and related documentation
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17 Dec, 2020