Duma Works Jobs in Uganda : IT Systems Engineer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Duma Works
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Incumbent will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. They are efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities. Duma Works is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients. Our client is a leading IT solutions consultancy firm.
Job Summary: The IT Systems Engineer will mainly develop, install, deploy, test configure and optimize IT systems and networks used within our client based infrastructure. The incumbent will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring high levels of availability, performance and security.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Provisioning, installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Maintain security, documentation, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Work with the sales team and customer to come up with Project scope
- Participate as a team leader in implementation of projects.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently. Able to carry out Proof of Concepts (PoCs).
- Provide 2nd and 3rd Level support. (On or Off Site support)
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the IT Systems Engineer job placement must hold an Advanced/High Diploma in IT
- At least five years experience.
- Strong Linux and Microsoft system Administration skills
- Desirable knowledge in Cloud and Virtualization technology. VMware certification will be an added advantage
- Account management experience and/or customer engagement responsibility is desirable.
- Ability to research problems and document their solutions.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to write and speak proper English.
- Desirable Knowledge in 2 or more storage technologies (NetApp, EMC). Certification will be an added advantage
- Responsibilities will at times be required to be done in the evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Good team player
- Occasional travel required to offer remote services or attend product training.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and detailed CVs via E-mail to: [email protected] with the subject line as 2609, Your Full name& Phone number e.g. 2609 Okedi Jonathan, +2567xxxxxxxx. If you dont follow these instructions, your application will not go through. You can also send updated CV to [email protected]
Deadline: 20th January 2017