Electricity Transmission Company Limited Jobs in Uganda : Procurement Specialist
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: The Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda. UETCL envisions: “To become a leading strategic business partner in the transmission and Single Buyer Business and to support sustainable energy development in Uganda.”
Job Summary: The Procurement Specialist will support the Project Manager of the Grid Expansion and Reinforcement Project, in planning, co-ordination and control of the procurement activities from its start to the time it is completed. He/ She will be responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the Project in line with the Procurement Manual are fulfilled. He /She will also support the project monitoring function to ensure that the project is concluded successfully.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Procurement Function between the component coordinators and the Procurement and Disposal Unit on behalf of the Head Procurement and Disposal Unit.
- In Consultations with the Heads of User Departments/User Department focal points of procurement, the Procurement
- Specialist will prepare, review, adjust (where applicable) and monitor the implementation of the Project procurement plan.
- Ensure timely preparation/updating, and submissions of the project Procurement plans for review and approval of the World Bank.
- In consultation with User Departments and Head Procurement and Disposal Unit, prepare bidding documents for acquisition of goods, works and non-consulting services, and the REOI and RFP for consulting services.
- Ensure that procurement procedures follow those prescribed in the Project Implementation Manual are followed.
- Lead the bidding and selection processing, including organising pre-bid or pre-proposal meetings, providing clarifications, coordinating the Receipt of bids/proposals, leading and participating in the opening of bids/proposals/ expressions of interest.
- In close consultation with User Departments and Head procurement Unit, participate in Evaluation of Expression of Interest, Quotations, Bids and Proposals.
- In close consultation with the Head procurement Unit, prepare and make submissions to the Contracts Committee.
- Coordinate/make arrangements and participate in Contract negotiations for consultancy services and technical discussions for goods and Works where applicable to provide technical guidance.
- Prepare draft contract for Contracts Committee and IDA review, and clearance of the Attorney General and ensuring timely signing of contracts.
- Verify that Procurement requests are in accordance to the approved Procurement Plan.
- Prepare and publish general and specific procurement notices/ invitation for bids and work closely with User departments to ensure that Terms of Reference or technical specifications are obtained timely from relevant Technical Departments and Beneficiaries.
- In consultation with the Technical Departments preparation of bidding documents, request for proposals, consultant’s shortlists and other documents based on relevant procedures for the procurement of goods, Works and on consultant services and for the selection of consulting services.
- Mentor colleagues by sharing knowledge in procurement services.
- Support capacity building in procurement management of staff that deal with procurement issues with emphasis on World Bank and PPDA Guidelines.
- Ensure that clearance/No-objection(s) from World Bank is obtained if required.
- Preparation of Procurement progress reports at a minimum on monthly basis, highlighting among others the progress on processing various contracts, constraints met and any other issues that require Management attention.
- Participate in Contract monitoring and administration by ensuring that in close liaison with the Technical Departments that all procurement contracts are efficiently managed, monitored and timely completed in order to get the value for money (good quality at a lower cost).
- To enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Procurement Data Management system and in particular set up a filing and record keeping system that ensures that procurement records are easily retrievable and available for procurement audits; Maintain complete procurement files and records including all correspondence related to procurement activities; seek legal advice where appropriate.
- Prepare procurement inputs to quarterly FMR progress reports.
- Monitor and track contracts being processed, identify constraints/challenges/issues especially deviations from agreed procurement schedules and seek to resolve issues in a timely manner in appropriate consultation with Management.
- Facilitate the Post Procurement Reviews (PPR) exercise, and follow up implementation of PPR recommendations.
- Prepare and update the Procurement/Contract Register (List of all procurement contracts awarded).
- Report immediately to the Permanent Secretary any noted fraud and corruption or governance issues with Procurement staff, Bidders and Consultants.
- And to carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a university Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supplies, or Commerce, Economics or Business Administration.
- A professional qualification – CIPS.
- Must demonstrate experience in procurement in all aspects of procurement of goods, non-consulting services, works and consulting services.
- Experience of at least 6 years’ general experience in procurement services with 3 years in public sector and at least 2 years working on projects financed by multilateral development agencies e.g. World Bank, African Development Bank etc. with a demonstrated strong track record.
- Previous experience in processing high value contracts subject to international competition, and in working with multi-sectoral teams are added advantages.
- In-depth knowledge of major Development Finance Institutions and the PPDA procurement rules, Guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of the use of software such as MS Project Primavera, Ms Access, Sun systems will be an added advantage.
- Must possess interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Computer literacy skills
- Must be able to withstand stressful work situations and have willingness to work long hours outside the normal hours.
- Possession of a valid National Driving Permit is desired.
- A person of high integrity, confidentiality in handling public resources, must be highly motivated, innovative and a committed team player.
How to Apply
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualification certificates and testimonials along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, fax or e-mail and giving three (3) referees to:
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P.O. Box 7625
Deadline: 20th February 2019