Emergency Life Support for Civilian War Victims Jobs in Uganda : Administration Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: EMERGENCY Life Support for Civilian War Victims (EMERGENCY)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Entebbe, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
EMERGENCY Life Support for Civilian War Victims (EMERGENCY) is an independent Italian organization established in 1994 to offer high-quality, free medical and surgical care to victims of war, landmines and poverty. It promotes a culture of peace, solidarity and respect for human rights. The work around the world is made possible thanks to the help of thousands of volunteers and supporters. In cooperation with Ministry of Health, EMERGENCY is constructing the Centre of Excellence in Paediatric Surgery in Entebbe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the purchasing policy and administration procedures are implemented;
- Ensures all project documents are properly stored;
- Guarantees that the project is compliant with the local tax laws;
- Files taxes;
- The jobholder also deals with officials and relevant authorities according to the instructions received by the supervisors.
- Is in charge of a small safe and manages cash following the procedure and instructions given;
- Performs payments as requested by supervisors.
Structure Management and Maintenance: Supervises the work of housekeeping staff together with Admin Officer.
- Carries on the application and follow up of visas and working permits for expatriates; updates the expatriates database
- In charge of advertisement posting and applications management and Is involved in the selection process and hiring of the staff;
- Keeps records of relevant information about staff;
- Circulates the internal rules and norms of conduct to the national staff;
- Compiles the payroll
- Check entrance and exit staff register, salaries, taxes, NSSF, allowances, salaries advances;
- Issues pay slips.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree-level qualification in Labour Law, Economics or Business School, Accounting and Management.
- At least three years of experience in similar jobs
- Previous experience in the NGO sector or URA is desired
- Knowledge or URA and NSFF portals.
- Other training / professional experience: taxes management
- Languages: Fluent written and spoken English
- IT: user level knowledge, very good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Teamwork capacity
- Ability to solve problems
- Organisation and capacity to prioritise and plan
- Capacity to delegate and flexibility (versatile)
- Ability to work under stress
- Highly resolute, as they can work with few means
NB: This is a short-term job opportunity to cover for maternity leave.
How to Apply
All candidates should hand deliver their applications with an updated CV and motivation letter to EMERGENCY’s office: Njeru Road, plot 38, Entebbe. Interested candidates can also send their CV by email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position and reference.
Deadline: 15th January 2018