Evidence Action Jobs in Uganda : Office Driver
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Evidence Action
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driving Jobs in Uganda
Evidence Action scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. Evidence Action identifies innovative, appropriate financing mechanisms and builds best practice operational models.
Job Summary: The Office Driver/position is primarily a field based position which plays an important role as an interface between DSW and communities in delivering the chlorine dispenser safe water interventions to the target communities. The O/D position reports to the Area Coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field execution of dispenser related activities e.g spearhead community leaders meetings and local Government sensitization meetings, Water Point Nominations/verification, Chlorine delivery and service, field surveys administration on non-dispenser installations days
- Supervise dispenser installations by ensuring Masons and CSAs have necessary materials at water points with adequate coordination.
- Fix basic dispenser maintenance issues using hand drills and hand riveting tools and or any other appropriate tools
- Supervise, mentor, and coach community service assistants/masons in the execution of their duties
- Developing weekly work plans and reports for Dispenser installation field activities
- Field data administration for Dispenser installation activities through smart phone technology
- Perform data organization both in office and field on non-dispenser installation days
- Drive carefully and responsibly the organization vehicle observing traffic rules as per Motor Vehicle Policy
- Ensure allocated vehicle is always in good running conditions.
- Plan for timely vehicle service with approvals from the coordinator.
- Ensure allocated vehicle has valid documents and in conformity with traffic rules and regulations of the land
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Area Coordinator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Management, Community work, Project management or equivalent.
- One to two years of experience working with communities or social enterprises/NGOs
- Good language skills in English both spoken and written.
- Motor vehicle driving skills with a valid license
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Teamwork. Embraces team work and aspires and supports the ideals of working in a team work environment as a team champion
- Passion to work in a rural community setting and willingness to use a motorcycle in the field.
- Flexible mindset and willingness to relocate on a short notice to other field based assignments in other regions.
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate well within the organization and with the rural communities and local leaders
- Basic leadership skills in managing people , working with communities and teams
- Good computer skills and comfort to advance the skills in a dynamic IT environment.
- Valid driving license with driving skills especially with 4 wheel and manual transmission vehicles.
- Proactive and ambitious to support innovation and change in a dynamic working environment
- Attitude. Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast paced work environment
- Language:- Proficiency in speaking the local language/dialect from Eastern Uganda is a definite advantage
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by uploading their cover letters, updated resumes and salary expectations at the link below.