Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Chief Credit Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Compensation: Competitive salary, stock options, and benefits
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-backed, for-profit renewable energy company with offices in Silicon Valley and East Africa. Fenix operates on the front line of renewable energy and mobile financial services in emerging markets. Our mission is to deliver life-changing energy technology and inclusive financial services to the 1.3 billion people who live without power. We fulfill this mission by designing, delivering & financing quality products and relentlessly pursuing an exceptional customer experience.
Our flagship product is the ReadyPay Solar Power System – one of the world’s most affordable and accessible sources of clean electricity for those living off-grid. ReadyPay provides energy for lights, cell phone charging, radios, and even TVs. ReadyPay Power is available for as little as $0.15 per-day and financed over 18 to 36 months via Mobile Money. We pride ourselves on generating financing plans that are affordable, flexible, and inclusive to ensure the greatest reach and impact.
ReadyPay was launched in Uganda in early 2014 and the business has since grown exceptionally, now serving over 50,000 households and representing more than 10 million dollars in assets deployed. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services globally. Fenix is funded by private venture investors and strategic partners including Schneider Electric, GDF Suez, and Orange Telecom.
At Fenix, we seek to use ReadyPay technology and data to create inclusive financial services and revolutionize access to credit in frontier markets. The CCO will play a key role on the leadership team at Fenix and will be responsible for building and leading the Financial Services team, designing financial products, creating underwriting and credit policies and managing portfolio health. Further, the Financial Services team will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing the health of the portfolio and developing innovative portfolio management strategies to continuously improve the health of the portfolio overtime. The CCO will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with all department leads at Fenix to ensure portfolio health values and targets are executed across the company.
- Work closely with the Fenix leadership team to lead the team and develop the company’s growth strategy
- Design and lead Fenix’s financial services strategy
- Build, lead and manage the financial services team at Fenix International
- Lead the design, development, and refinement of new financial products and services
- Create underwriting and credit policies that maximize CLV while appropriately balancing risk and maintaining Fenix’s inclusive approach
- Create and maintain Fenix underwriting and credit policies; Use data and technology to push the boundaries of traditional underwriting and credit policies in frontier markets
- Continuously refine and improve Fenix’s data-driven portfolio health and account management strategy; design and implement A/B tests to improve the health of the portfolio
- Increase customer lifetime value by creating products and policies that encourage long-term, high value relationships and loyalty to Fenix
- Monitor and analyze the Fenix portfolio; report to the Fenix leadership team and the Board of Directors on portfolio health and key risks
- Work with the COO and CFO to ensure Fenix is compliant with all financial service regulation in the countries where it operates
- Participate in new business development and creating financial models for new products
- Seek, evaluate and engage with advisors as needed
- Collaborate with the Fenix leadership team to develop and refine Fenix’s global growth strategy
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-10 years of unsecured credit experience, including credit strategy development
- 5 years leadership experience, preferably with experience building a team
- 5 years of experience in emerging market consumer finance, preferably in an MFI or fin-tech startup
- High degree of comfort working hands-on with large analytical datasets to analyze and extract business insights
- Extensive knowledge of unsecured credit and financial analysis, effective risk management practices, and analytical methodologies
- Ability to manage a global, multi-cultural team of operations and analytical staff
- Understanding of microfinance, fin-tech, mobile telecom and/or renewable energy industries in frontier markets, with a preference for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Shared values for a triple bottom line
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Social Science, MBA preferred.
- A passion for Fenix and our customers!
Highly Desired Skills
- Leadership roles within microfinance, fin-tech or other financial service institutions
- Hands-on expertise in financial modeling