Finance Assistant (2 Fresher Jobs) at Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Straight Talk Foundation (STF)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Straight Talk Foundation (STF) is a Ugandan health communications National Non Governmental Organisation that was founded in 1993 and operates nationally in Uganda. Its activities and interventions aim at improving the sexual reproductive health and wellbeing of young people for adoption of healthy behaviors in Uganda through advocacy, evidence driven communication and youth friendly service delivery. For the past 25 years it has been the leading provider of various social and behavior change communication programs to various stakeholders in Uganda. Its programs and interventions target young people as its primary audience, while significant adults in the lives of young people such as parents and teachers are targeted as a secondary audience.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant is mainly responsible for efficient and careful handling of cash payments, undertaking approved payments by Mobile Money, cash and cheques and maintaining the cash book up to date and reconciled. In addition the position will take initiatives to ensure that Straight Talk Foundation funds are used in the best possible way.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Straight Talk Foundation (STF) Finance Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting & Finance or Business Administration from a recognised university
- Two years of relevant working experience, preferably with an NGO with good accounting and finance management skills with knowledge of computer Accounting packages and understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours as and when the need arises.
How to Apply
All candidates should send a copy of their updated CVs with cover letters (attached as one document) indicating three referees, to;
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
Straight Talk Foundation Plot 4, Acacia Avenue, Kololo,
P.O Box 22366 Kampala. Uganda
Email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday 19th July, 2019 by 05:00pm Ugandan Time.