Fresh Graduates Trainees Recruitment at Uganda Development Bank (November, 2018 Recommended Jobs)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Development Bank
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
Reports to: Manager Human Resources
Uganda Development Bank Ltd (UDBL) is the country’s only Development Finance Institution (DFI) established in 1972. The Bank has recently re-positioned itself as a partner to the Government of Uganda in delivering the theme of its National Development Plan.
Job Summary: The Graduate Apprenticeship Program (GAP) aims to offer recent graduates that demonstrated academic excellence in selected disciplines, the opportunity to train with the Bank as they prepare for a rewarding career in development banking and other relevant disciplines. The program takes a structured learning approach integrated with coaching as well as opportunities to work across the entire Bank (through departmental attachments). This is to enable the apprentices acquire relevant knowledge, skills and on-the-job experience that they will apply upon their assimilation. The apprentice program extends beyond merely hiring and grooming the young graduates with strong academic capabilities; it aims to foster excellence amongst these young flag bearers and to nurture future leaders; it seeks to equip them with the confidence and competence to take on bigger professional responsibilities. The program will conducted over an extended period, up to 24 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend any assigned learning and development interventions
- Undertake such activities, projects and assignments that shall be suitably determined and assigned, in liaison with HR or supervisor assigned at the time
- Actively participate in mentorship sessions within the assigned department / unit, and track/report on own progress
- Attend all assessment sessions and/or performance discussions
- Undertake all scheduled coaching sessions and implement action plans to address any identified development areas
- Assess Bank processes and recommend applicable improvements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Development Bank (UDB) Graduate Apprentice career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree qualification (Strictly first class or second class upper division only) from a recognised institution; This degree shall be in specialised disciplines including business, engineering (i.e. civil, mechanical, agro-engineering or industrial), health sciences, environmental sciences, environmental management, agronomy, agri-business or other specialities relevant for the business of the Bank.
- Candidates must have graduated not more than one year by the time of the application
- No working experience requirement but internship or practice in any of the disciplines listed above shall be an added advantage
- Candidates must not be in full-time employment at the time of the application
- Excellent Communication (oral & written) skills, including strong report & proposal writing abilities, formal presentation capabilities
- Strong self-drive and self-management
- Excellent analytical skills – including strong numeric capabilities / affinity for numbers
- Excellent interpersonal/relational skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
All applicants are strongly encouraged to hand deliver their applications which should include an up-to-date curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic documents and contact addresses of three professional references to: The Director Strategy and Corporate affairs, 1st Floor Wing B, Rwenzori Towers, Plot 6 Nakasero Road, P.O. Box 7210, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 16th November 2018