Front Office Assistant at Medical Teams International
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Medical Teams International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling “Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world”. MTI-UG has operations in West Nile and South western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition.
Job Summary: The Front Office Assistant will be responsible for overseeing front office including assisting visitors, managing phones and handling mail. Assists HR Department and other departments upon request and directly manages Office Cleaner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors and direct to appropriate offices
- Operate telephone switchboard
- Support HR Department on a regular basis regarding recruitment tasks, appointments, management of HR documents and other clerical duties
- Support spot checks of HR Office on staff attendance and adherence to MTI regulations on health facility level
- Assist all departments with admin related tasks upon request including copying, filing, arranging meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring breakfast preparation and cleanliness of facilities and premises
- Handle and prioritize all correspondence
- Oversee toner and paper requirements for printer and arrange maintenance as needed
- Manage office stationary supply and place orders on time to avoid running out of stock
- Support departments in organising internal and external events including invitations, venue set up, catering, accommodation etc.
- Update contacts and directories as needed
- Ensure cleanliness of facility by supervising Office Cleaner and ensure maintenance needs are raised to Operations Department
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per MTI policy
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Medical Teams International (MTI) Front Office Assistant job must hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Office Management or equivalent is required
- At least two years of front office work experience
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
- Knowledge of reception activities and secretarial procedures
- Skilled in administrative tasks and highly organized
- Skilled in liaising with vendors
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong command of written and spoken English
- Ability quickly adapt to provide prompt service to visitors
- Friendly and welcoming attitude
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to hold staff accountable to work responsibilities, MTI protocol and ethical standards
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should email their application letters and Curriculum Vitae including work related references to; [email protected].
Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of standard file types such as MS Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) in a single attachment (No Zipped files, Links or Multiple Attachments) and should not exceed 2MB.
NB: Please clearly indicate the Position Title and Location you are applying for. Do not attach your Academic Transcripts. They will be requested if you are short listed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MTI is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 16th August 2019 by 5:00pm