General Manager at Kray Microfinance
- Company: Kray Microfinance
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Banking Jobs in Uganda
Kray is a micro-finance institution established in 2012. We are licensed and regulated by Uganda Micro-finance Regulatory Authority. We offer loans, investment and other financial services.
Job Summary: The position is responsible for operations strategies and business growth to deliver effective and profitable operation of Kray and enhance the Company’s profile in the market place. The successful candidate will be responsible for lending, product development, marketing, customer experience, policy development, compliance and controls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan, annual business plans, budgets and ensure attainment of critical performance targets
- Monitor and evaluate daily, weekly and monthly performance to generate a healthy portfolio, including client satisfaction metrics.
- Ensure organizational quality and efficiency through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed policies, procedures and manuals.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements as well as company processes, policies and procedures.
- Lead the team in championing customer service and the company’s brand image both internally and externally
- Oversee credit risk framework, implement credit strategies, policies and procedures in line with the company’s corporate strategy and ensure compliance.
- Implement the microfinance plan focusing on increasing the outreach of Kray through innovative marketing programs and development of new credit and non-funded products.
- Lead in mobilization of sufficient funds for onward lending to customers
- Manage and maintain relationships with strategic stakeholders.
- Developing, supervising and motivating staff to achieve desired performance
- Compile, analyze and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the BOD as per reporting requirements
- Any other duties assigned by the Managing Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in supervisory credit management positions in a busy Microfinance Institution or Bank
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field of study from a reputable University. A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Experience in credit origination and credit risk assessment in a lending environment coupled with mobilization and delivery channel development.
- Flexible and resourceful; the ability to work in a growing institution
- A thorough understanding of microfinance performance metrics/indicators and the ability to interpret and process operations data;
- Analytical Thinking, Customer Focused, Entrepreneurial spirit, Strong leadership skills and ability to develop staff, Strong Financial Acumen
Method of Application
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs (in Ms. Word format) and testimonials (in PDF format) and cover letter to the address below; (total email size should not exceed 2MB)
The Managing Director
Kray Microfinance Limited
Send your application to: [email protected]
Deadline: 23rd March 2020