Governance and Control Manager at Barclays Bank
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Barclays Bank
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com
The role holder has responsibility for various activities across the Business including :
- To execute assurance reviews through evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, compliance with policies and adherence to procedures thereby contributing towards management efforts to achieve an improved and sustainable control environment.Independently carry out standard and any Adhoc reviews on the control activities and the risk assessments.
- Engaging the key Business stakeholders, enhance/improve the risk and control culture across the Business/Country through effective engagement and support to Business teams.
- Support the business, as the focal point of contact, through response of queries from country and Barclays Africa stakeholders.
- To lead and manage the service offerings to Executive and Senior Management within designated Governance and Control portfolios through independent risk management and assurance reviews thereby contributing towards management efforts to achieve an improved and sustainable control environment.
Overall, the Governance and Control Manager works to ensure the achievement of business performance objectives in a rationalised and optimum way.