Human Resource Administrator at Sombha Solutions Store
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Sombha Solutions Store
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Jobs in Uganda
Sombha Solution Store is a Ugandan-owned technology and communications services provider founded in 2014 and is licensed by Uganda Communications Commission to provider voice and data services in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Administrator reports to the Operations Manager – Enabling Functions and is generally responsible for:
- Human resources tasks.
- General administrative tasks.
- Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) tasks.
- Reporting tasks.
- Other tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources (HR) tasks:
- Act as the company primary point of contact for HR.
- Explain and promote established company HR policies and procedures to employees.
- Prepare, update and recommend human resource policies and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance to managers and staff.
- Maintain the organisation structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Create forms, templates, and other human resources related documents.
- Schedule and oversee recruitment, orientation, entry and exit interviews.
- Perform employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training.
- Enter and update relevant employee information in HR databases; keeping both soft and hard copy files well organized and accessible to management staff.
- Payroll administration.
- Receive, compile and submit all employee monthly full time equivalent (FTE) reports to the finance team. Update the time tracker template as and when needed.
- Prepare and keep up to date the staff annual leave plan.
- Oversee the appropriate approval of requested leaves.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employees through the performance evaluation process.
- Coach and discipline employees, hear and resolve their grievances and counsel them.
- Prepare and keep up to date the staff training and development calendar.
- Oversee agreed staff training and development programs.
- Manage relationship and liaise with external partners e.g. insurance & medical partners.
- HR legal and regulatory compliance.
- Work with c-level management to establish and update the company wage, salary, benefits and compensations structure and policies.
- Keep the HRM system up to date.
General administrative tasks:
- Ensure that all company operational compliance and regulatory licenses are up to date; managing their renewal where needed.
- Ensure a clean office environment.
- Schedule relevant meetings and appointments; internal and external.
- Create agendas and take meeting notes.
- Make travel arrangements for staff.
- Plan company events.
- With guidance and approval from c-level management, plan the company’s philanthropic, community relations and charitable activities.
- Manage office equipment and ensure staff responsibility and care for them.
- Ensure stock of office supplies.
- Manage office filing system and ensure smart and accurate filing of all documents.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE) tasks:
- Act as the company primary point of contact for QHSE.
- Promote good QHSE culture in the company by ensuring staff awareness and compliance to policies and procedures.
- Oversee review, update and maintenance of QHSE policies and procedures.
- Organise and ensure staff attendance of relevant QHSE training programs.
- Perform and assist in audits, compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments and ensure recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure that the company’s QHSE conforms to customer, internal, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Maintain a register of appointed QHSE committee members and support them with secretarial tasks.
- Manage and maintain the relevant QHSE logs and documentation in a standard database; ensuring that it is well organized and that both soft and hard copies of all documentation are readily available to management.
- Manage relationship and liaise with external QHSE partners.
- Working with other departments to establish and ensure QHSE requirements and compliance.
- Prepare and submit relevant HR reports to the Operations Manager – Enabling Functions as needed.
- Prepare and submit relevant administrative reports to the Operations Manager – Enabling Functions as needed.
- Prepare and submit all relevant QHSE reports to the Operations Manager – Enabling Functions as needed.
- Compile and share any other reports as requested.
- Ensure business is conducted with high integrity, confidentiality and that behavior aligns with company values.
- Work with support departments to ensure smooth operations.
- Preparation, monitoring and the management of budgets for the section.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have a degree in Human Resources, Administration or any relevant field.
- Two years of work experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Confident individual with a proactive attitude.
- Public speaking skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer focused service skills.
- Excellent presentation, training and interpersonal skills.
- High stress tolerance and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Computer literate especially with internet access, Microsoft office and G-Suite applications.
- Fluency in English language.
- Familiarity with CRM and HRM software.
- Previous HR / Administration experience
- Previous HSE experience.
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent & proven organisational skills.
How to Apply
Candidates should send their Application letters, CV's And Academic docs in one pdf document to [email protected]
Deadline: 14th July 2019