International Organization for Migration Jobs in Uganda : Operations Assistant – Airport
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Social Sciences
Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Job Summary: The Operations Assistant – Airport is mainly responsible for performing resettlement operations in compliance with IOM established procedures to ensure orderly and timely movements of refugees and migrants:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transmit IOM Travel documents from IOM office to the airport for the migrants departing, or transiting Entebbe.
- Arrange for USRAP promissory notes and Canadian warrants to be signed prior to departure from Entebbe international airport.
- Liaise with airlines regarding pre-check-in procedures for IOM groups.
- Coordinate migrants’ transportations between IOM Transit Centre and Entebbe international airport.
- Check airline tickets and verify travel documents and migrants’ identities prior to check-in.
- Arrange check-in of the migrants departing Entebbe international airport assisting with bags, providing ID verification, leading departing migrants through customs and immigration.
- Tag refugee baggage.
- Ensure that relevant airport services are accessed for cases with special needs; including medical and unaccompanied minors.
- Liaise with airlines, immigration, airport authorities on procedures for IOM passengers.
- Arrange for meals and accommodation as necessary for all IOM passengers in case of delay with departure.
- Inform Sr. Operations Assistants of any flight changes, cancellations.
- Confirm departures to Operations Assistants, and provide bag count for transmitting the data to the receiving IOM mission.
- Assist with arrival formalities to returning migrants at EBB airport and arrange for ground transportation.
- Report on arriving migrants to Operations Assistants, and IOM sending missions.
- Reports on the costs incurred by arriving migrants to Operations Assistants and sending IOM missions for proper settlement.
- Perform any other duties assigned that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Operations Assistant – Airport job opportunity should hold a High School Degree/ Certificate with four years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience in social sciences or related field
- Diploma in IATA Standard or airline related field.
- Four years of resettlement or movement experience.
- Experience working with actors involved in movements: RSC, UNHCR, airport authorities etc.
- Three years of resettlement or airline experience, such as experience working with actors involved in movements: RSC, UNHCR, airport authorities.
- Strong practical computer skills, including MS Word, Excel. Proficiency in AMADEUS, and Mimosa. Knowledge of USRAP, Australian, Canadian, and European IOM resettlement procedures.
- Required IOM functional competencies: effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, team player, and cross cultural facilitator.
- Ability to read, understand and apply written instructions and guidelines; interpret instructions and resolve work related problems; detect input/output errors; perform basic arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads and deadlines.
- Keen attention to details.
- Accuracy in handling and reporting data.
- Willing to accept flexible work schedule
- Thorough knowledge of English and Swahili, Kinyabwisha and Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated resumes with three references electronically to [email protected]. The subject of your email should be the Reference Number and Position Title i.e. “SVN: 03/06/018 Operations Assistant- Airport.” Please ensure that send your attachments as ONE DOCUMENT in PDF. The title of your attachment should be your full name.
NB: Since the system is automated, if you do not follow the above mentioned instruction your application may be missed by the system.
Deadline: 24th June 2018 by 12:00pm