International Potato Center Jobs in Uganda : Country Finance Specialist
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: International Potato Center (CIP)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
The International Potato Center (CIP) is a not-for-profit international agricultural research organization supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) with a global mandate to conduct research on genetic resources of potatoes, sweet potato, and other Andean roots and tubers, crop genetic enhancement and improvement, integrated crop management and sustainable management of natural resources.
Job Summary: The Country Finance Specialist will support the CIP Finance Unit in implementing CIP’s organizational mission through efficient and effective accounting and financial management. This position will primarily oversee the financial operations of the country office and ensure timely delivery of financial reports, including cash and bank management, ledgers and other aspects of the country’s financial management. It requires broad understanding of program implementation and cross-cultural people skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial operations of the country office and ensure timely delivery of financial reports, including cash and bank management, payroll, ledgers and other aspects of the country’s financial management;
- Responsible for entering financial information, timely month end close, and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization;
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Work closely with the Projects Finance Specialist in the monitoring and review of partners reports;
- Manage financial controls, analyze office and project budgets, and make recommendations on budget expenditures. Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year;
- Support the Country Manager and Project Managers, in coordination with the Project Finance Specialist, with project budget monitoring and review;
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time;
- Oversee the country statutory annual audits.
- In charge of the administration of insurance, contracting and administrating services in according to the Center’s standards and policies;
- Responsible for country legal and statutory compliance;
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements;
- Manage fixed assets of the Center, review and support the preparation of inventories;
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services;
- Responsible for the coordination of IT issues with headquarters, serving as IT Key user.
Grants & contracts:
- Coordinate with the Grants and Contracts (G&C) team contracts related actions. This will require follow up on project management related activities such as signature and agreements or reporting on need basis;
- Work closely with the G&C office to monitor deliverables reporting for grants applicable to the operations in the Country.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related discipline.
- A minimum of two years’ experience performing similar functions, preferably in an environment of international organizations or NGOs. Experience in management and administration of annual budgets, handling payroll an^ taxes;
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS Office, especially in Excel;
- Advanced knowledge in accounting software packages (ERP Preferable);
- Knowledge and experience performing accounting, treasury and banking transactions;
- Knowledge in local tax regulations and labor law;
- Demonstrated success in working with multi-disciplinary teams and partnerships in collaborative project implementation and monitoring;
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below and upload a letter of motivation, a full CV with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
Deadline: Wednesday, 15th November 2017