Living Goods Jobs in Uganda : Senior Manager Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Living Goods (LG)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager Research, Monitoring and Evaluation is responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of program monitoring, operations research, and evaluation activities of Living Goods Uganda. The position provides technical leadership towards building Living Goods’ capacity to analyse data, conduct operations research and enhance organizational learning and knowledge management.
The position holder is responsible for the implementation of the LG Uganda Research Strategy as well as the M&E strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring, Evaluation and learning technical leadership
- Develop and review the LG Uganda M&E system for provision of data for decision making, learnings and best practices. This will includes developing the LG Uganda M&E strategy document, review of current indicators and their data sources.
- Collaborate with the Global Impact team designing KPIs that are focused on metrics that drive the most impact including participating setting targets for KPIs annually for LG Uganda.
- Working with the communications and IT teams establish and maintain a knowledge management hub for LG Uganda for purposes of organizational learning.
- In collaboration with the analytics team, take lead in compiling of regular and adhoc LG Uganda progress reports including those for special projects, monthly as well as quarterly review reports.
- Responsible for the design and compilation of key lessons learned and best practices emanating from field implementation and research initiatives.
Data quality assurance
- Provides overall technical leadership for strengthening the quality control of LG Uganda data to assure the integrity of data for analysis, tracking, validation, and cleaning.
- Provides technical leadership and support to the quality assurance team through design and implementation of overall LG Uganda data quality assurance strategy.
- Oversees the design of data and service quality studies (including data analysis and report writing), monitoring implementation of quality improvement plans, CHP recertification exercises and tracking of in-service training attendance.
Evaluations and Operational research
- Take lead in LG Uganda the research and experiments initiatives through technical review of study designs, methodology and field implementation of surveys and operations research initiatives.
- Develop terms of reference, participate in recruitment, supervise and coordinate all research initiatives undertaken by external research teams.
- Oversee writing and compilation of publishable articles emanating from the surveys and operational research studies.
- Obtaining all ethical approvals for research studies undertaken.
Technical advice and strategic planning
- Collaborate with the Global Impact team in the planning and implementation of strategic learning studies and operational research studies for LG Uganda.
- Provide technical advice to the LG Uganda leadership team on Research and M&E related matters
- Provide M&E related technical advice to the business development teams to facilitate development of high quality grant proposals.
- Participate in M&E strategic planning in collaboration with the SMT and global teams.
- Lead, supervise, mentor and coach the Research and M&E Team to enhance their capacity to deliver effectively.
- Identify appropriate capacity building initiatives and opportunities for the team.
- Work with the talent acquisition team to attract high quality talent.
- Supervise external consultants hired to undertake assignments under the research and M&E docket.
- Develop and implement a strategy to build the capacity of LG staff to utilize data for decision making.
Representation: Represent LG at national and international fora including technical working groups, communities of practice, conferences, workshops and meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Living Goods Senior Manager Research, Monitoring and Evaluation job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or advanced degree related to Monitoring & Evaluation preferred.
- At least six to seven years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of project/program level activities, data analysis and evaluation
- Prior experience in designing and managing quality improvement interventions.
- Experience in executing qualitative and quantitative research as well as managing research teams.
- Proven experience managing a team
- Strong analytic skills, able to identify a story and convey insights from the numbers.
- Strong communicator; strong analytical skills; able to collaborate across departments.
- Proven skill in developing and delivering training to audiences with diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to travel across Uganda with an estimated 30% of time spent on the road
- Other Skills
- Good Interpersonal skills, Communication and Collaboration, People management, Data analysis and management using statistical packages including SPSS, Stata, R-Studio and My SQL. Household survey design and implementation including both qualitative and quantitative methods. Strong knowledge of planning and implementing program monitoring and evaluation methodologies and frameworks. Strong knowledge of program design and implementation, including results-based management, use of log frames and key performance indicators.
NB: Please note that only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered.
How to Apply
All candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.