Logistics Officer at Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Logistics Jobs in Uganda
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer will support the JMEDICC Site Coordinator and different project thematic areas according to need. He/she will work closely with the Logistics team at the JMEDICC warehouse in Nakasero, the team in Fort Portal and the Procurement team at IDI to ensure timely submission of procurement requests, tracking of all purchases and Inventory and Stock management to support areas related to clinical care, Infection control and microbiology services. The person will also be expected to support JMEDICC mobile operations at the various locations in the country including but not limited to Kampala, and Fort Portal.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly monitor orders in the pipeline and update the JMEDICC site coordinator
- Work in close collaboration with the JMEDICC site coordinator support establishment and maintenance of a procurements tracking system and filing of the necessary paperwork for all purchases
- Work closely with the Logistics team from MUWRP to coordinate preparation and distribution of supplies in support of management of sporadic outbreaks both at Fort Portal and other locations outside Fort Portal
- Coordinate courier services for emergency transportation of supplies between Fort Portal and Kampala
- Support the Logistics team at the various JMEDICC storage areas and actively participate in provision of weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual updates
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Logistics Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Additional Qualification: IATA certification in handling and transporting biological materials will be an added advantage.
- At least two years’ experience working with health systems strengthening projects
- Working experience in institutional development and conversant working with MOH systems.
- Familiar with the laboratory working environment and be prepared to be trained in Biosafety and Biosecurity and for certification in international sample transportation (IATA)
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance, one-on-one mentoring and small group training sessions
- Principles and Concepts of M&E, good report writing and communication skills
How to Apply
IDI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address (Email your application and CV to [email protected] and let’s save the environment).
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre,
Makerere University Main Campus; College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 6th December 2019