M-Kopa Solar Ltd Jobs in Uganda : Field Sales Managers (3 Job Opportunities)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: M-KOPA Solar
- Location: Western Region, Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Sales Jobs in Uganda
M-KOPA Solar Ltd is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 600,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage. After one or two years of payments, customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Field Sales Manager will recruit, train, coach & manage a team of up to 6 Direct Sales Representatives to meet your sales targets of M-KOPA products. The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local networks to enable you to deliver current and future sales. The majority of your time will be coaching and working with the DSRs in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers, while fostering team spirit amongst the DSRs. You will also assist with the resolution of customer needs as they arise. This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of you team and sell a product that is upgrading people’s lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products
- Recruit, train, coach , mentor & supervise field based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets in line with M-KOPA business goals
- Keenly monitor and evaluate the performance Direct Sales Representatives to meet the performance standards
- Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations in line with M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines
- Develop local networks to assist in growing sales volume
- Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to Regional Sales Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the M-KOPA Field Sales Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- One year of management experience in a related sales field. e. g Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile-money, FMCG or other product/service in East Africa.
- Proven ability to carry out direct selling, hitting targets & ability to mentor sales staff
- Ability to request and receive support from the headquarters.
- Proven ability to work in a self-disciplined & proactive manner.
- Good negotiation skills and ability
- Tenacious personality
- Customer focused.
- Willingness to work in rural areas.
- Team player with high levels of flexibility.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven report-writing skills
- Fluent in local languages in the Western Region
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters explaining why they feel they are the best candidates with updated CVs with the subject title “Field Sales Manager” to: [email protected] addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Plot 1300-1301, Lubowa. Kampala.
Deadline: 29th June 2018