Makerere University Jobs in Uganda : University Bursar
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Makerere University (MUK)
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Makerere University is the oldest and premier University in Uganda which strives to becoming the leading institution for academic excellence and innovations in Africa.
Job Summary: The University Bursar provides leadership to the Directorate of Finance Planning and Investment; and shall be responsible for the Financial Administration, Investment and Planning of the University and shall maintain the Accounts in a form determined by the University.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Administration, Planning and Budgeting.
- Overseeing management of Income, Expenditure, Stores and Assets of the University.
- Setting Budget priorities and Assessing Budgeting Proposals for their coherence with the Strategic Goals of the University.
- Developing and maintaining University cash flow forecasts.
- Maintaining sound Financial Accounting System, Records Keeping and Internal Controls.
- Tasked with the coordination with External Auditors and enabling the External Audit process.
- Promoting financial communication among Units of the University.
- Effectively coordinating the implementation of Donor Funded Projects.
- Providing guidance to the Strategic Planning and Development of the University.
- The University Bursar is tasked with initiating and coordinating the preparation and production of Long and Short Term Corporate Plans.
- Overseeing, reviewing and coordinating the implementation of the overall Investment Strategy of the University.
- Providing a Monitoring and Measurement Program which will permit evaluation of the performance of the Investment, Planning and Financial Managers.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Key Result Areas:
- Leadership in Financial Administration, Planning, Investment and Budgeting provided.
- Sound management of a system of Income, Expenditure, Stores and Assets in use provided.
- Budget priorities and Proposals clearly developed in line with Strategic Goals of the University.
- Financial Accounting System maintained, Records kept and Internal Controls put in place.
- Annual Budget and Work Plans prepared and promptly submitted.
- Updated Books of Accounts maintained and periodic Financial Statements or Reports prepared, analyzed and timely submitted.
- Effective Financial communication amongst Units of the University promoted.
- Monitoring and Evaluation mechanisms for the performance of the University Investments developed and implemented.
- Donor Funded Projects effectively coordinated and monitored.
- The Overall University Investment Strategy reviewed and effectively implemented.
- Strategic and Development plans developed and implemented.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting/Finance Option) or BSc Finance/Accounting;
- Masters Degree in any of the following:
- MBA (Accounting/Finance Option);
- MSc Finance;
- MA Accounting;
- Full Professional Accounting Certificate ACCA or CPA. (All the above requirements 1 – 3 must be from a recognized Institution).
- Must be a Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
- A minimum of ten years of relevant working experience, five of which must have been at Senior Managerial level in Large Reputable Organization;
- Senior Managerial experience relevant to Finance, Strategic Planning and Investment.
- Evidence of Team Leadership including team building and individual professional development;
- The University Bursar should have proven experience of formulating and implementing Strategic Plans that reflect and support organizational needs.
- Advanced IT and Numeracy skills;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills with proven ability to build productive relationship with Senior Management Employees and External Stakeholders;
- A commitment to, and experience of working to achieve the highest possible standards in the context of new developments in large organizations.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should send apply online at the link below. Applicants for this position should ensure that their referees have submitted reference letters on [email protected]
Deadline: 18th June 2018