Management Information Systems Manager at GOAL
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: GOAL
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
GOAL is currently seeking to hire competent persons to join our Uganda team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to use your skills. If you are familiar with working within the international development aid sector and have a strong background in the areas mentioned, then you are the one we are looking for!
All positions are contingent to funding.
Management Information Systems Manager
About the Role: The Management Information Systems Manager is a senior level management position reporting directly to the Deputy Programme Director – Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning (DPD-MERL). The MIS Manager will be part of a team of experts in charge of monitoring and evaluation and measuring the impact of program activities, conducting research and documenting and disseminating learnings. MIS Manager is expected to play an important role in providing advice on and lead in the implementation of a management information system for the new programme and GOAL’s MEL functions to enable efficient access to routine programme data to drive business planning and programme development; to review and monitor the implementation of partnerships with intervention partners (e.g., private sector, government, NGOs); and to understand whether expected results are delivered. The MIS Manager will support the customization of digital MERL systems in platforms such as PowerBi, Commcare, MWater and other ODK toolkits. To achieve these tasks, the MIS Manager will be supported by in country and GOAL global MEL and MIS team. He or she will also be supported by the Programme’s Management Unit.
MIS Development and Customization
- Responsible for the further development, customization and maintenance – in collaboration with the MERL team – of an online and offline /digital system for centralizing and standardizing indicator results and monitoring the development of project information systems. Examples of form digitalization (e.g. CommCare, MWater), dashboarding (e.g. Power BI) and other (e.g. ArcGIS).
- In coordination with other MERL team members, lead on designing and standardising surveys and data capture processes to ensure reporting and KPIs are accurate and information is accessible to a range of audiences
- Work with Programme and Systems staff to design and develop mobile applications and dashboards to increase efficiency and accuracy of data capture, synthesis and analysis
- Provide regular technical support to staff to troubleshoot problems with MIS tools or platforms and help identify solutions or alternative ways of working
- Lead on identifying training needs, and designing and delivering training courses, building staff capacity on use of MIS tools including the use of software services for: form digitalization (e.g. CommCare, MWater), dashboarding (e.g. Power BI) and other (e.g. ArcGIS).
Data analysis and visualisation
- Integration of MIS and data analytics across Goal Uganda
- Provide monthly data reports and visualisations, in coordination with the GU MERL team, to Programme leads and SMT in support of adaptive management and the assessment of progress against project, programme and country targets, using statistical and data modelling
- Mentor GOAL MERL and Programme staff on data analysis, report writing and data visualisation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, MIS or relevant field
- 4 – 5 years’ experience in MIS position or similar role is required.
- Experience working with ODK based software (Kobo, SurveyCTO, MWater), particularly CommCare
- Experience working with dashboarding software (Tableau, Qlik, Looker), particularly Power BI
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Results-driven and ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of a programming language (VBA, Java, C), particularly R or Python
- Experience working in the humanitarian or development sectors, particularly in monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles, including gender, disability, Safeguarding and child protection
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programming); and a market based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Remuneration Package and Benefits:
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24 hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: [email protected] indicating the title for the position applied for in the subject line by 21st November 2019. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 21st November 2019