Medical Director & Deputy CEO at Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for People with Disability in Uganda (CORSU)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CORSU)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CORSU) is a private non—profit, non- governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission).
CoRSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability. CoRSU wishes to recruit a dynamic professional to
join its team as follows:
Position: Medical Director & Deputy CEO (Re-advertised)
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO):
Supervises: Departments of Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Reconstructive Surgery, Anaesthesia and Nursing. S/he shall supervise other units such as Laboratory, X-Ray, Pharmacy, Nutrition, the Paediatrician and the VVF project.
Job purpose: The Medical Director and Deputy CEO is responsible for managing the medical directorate to make sure that all patients requiring treatment at CoRSU are seen promptly and treated appropriately with the best evidence based care available. Assisting development of the strategic vision for the hospital, quality assurance and implementing high standards and a definitive action plan to help all the medical departments achieve their goals. Assuming responsibility of budgeting and resourcing, planning and overseeing all patient care and/or administrative operations and programs. Essentially, the function consists of developing, approving, and updating the general and medical institutional policy, protocols, and procedures. S/he will also deputize the CEO and act on his behalf whenever the CEO is not available or is unable to attend to CoRSU duties on site or offsite..
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Strategic Leadership: As a member of the Senior Management Team, participates in the development and implementation of the strategic plan for CoRSU.
• Operational Management: Coordinates the day to day working of the medical operations of the Hospital, ensuring efficient patient flow and cost-effective services and high-quality care.
• Financial Management: Monitors expenditure and income against the annual budget for the medical directorate, and take appropriate action where necessary.
• Quality Assurance: Ensure the provision of high standards of evidence-based patient care and professional best-practice. People Management & Development: Manage the Medical team in a manner that will motivate them to achieve high standards of patient care and technical excellence.
• Medical Practice: Carry out clinical responsibilities, dependent on the specialization of the MD.
• Deputizing role: Carry out other duties as requested by the CEO
Key Requirements: Educational Qualifications:
• MB ChB or equivalent qualification from a recognized university or college of medicine
• A post graduate specialist qualification in general surgery, orthopaedics, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Internal Medicine, OBS/GYN, Peadiatrics, Anasthesia or any other equivalent medical discipline with current registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Council or equivalent such body.
• MBA, MPA or equivalent management qualification. A relevant sub specialisation is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Full job descriptions for each of the respective positions advertised can be found on www.corsuhospital.org • Applications (detailed CV, covering letter plus relevant copies of academic qualifications) should be submitted to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to [email protected] . • Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. • The closing date for receiving applications is Friday 12th July, 2019, 5:00pm. Capable Persons with Disabilities (PWDS) and any qualified CoRSU employees are encouraged to apply.