Medical Store Keeper at Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
- Location: Uganda
- State: mukono
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Medical Store Keeper will monitor demand and plan for the procurement of essential drugs and other medical consumables so as to avoid stock outs and expiry of items in the medical store.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safety and custody of drugs and other medical items at AGHC Medical stores.
- Work in close collaboration with the Dispenser, to assess need for drugs and other medical consumables, plan for identification of the right items, timely procurement, verification, storage, issuing and tracking data on a daily basis. Adhere to practice, policies and procedures of procurement.
- Develop and utilize the procurement information system to maintain adequate stock levels of medicines and other items and avoid stock outs, expiry of drugs, and ensure systematic and safe storage conditions.
- Maintain store equipment and ensure that they are in good working order.
- Using a stores software system linked to the Clinic Master Software system to ensure that all relevant information is recorded in order to monitor work at the store.
- Ensure the safe disposal of unsafe medications.
- Maintain and order for stock of dispensary and any other related items.
- Adhere to all aspects of Health and Safety Control of substances hazardous to health, ensuring good hygiene, cleanliness and a safe environment in the medical store.
- Maintain the integrity and security of the store by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines and other items are stored appropriately.
- Work closely with the members of the clinical team regarding availability of medicines and items for patients with rare conditions.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with other members of the Health center team to ensure accurate exchange of information relating to patients and their medication.
- At all times, maintain absolute confidentiality.
- Be pro-active in developing new initiatives in store management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Dispensing or its equivalent from a recognized Institution of higher learning
- Training /skills and experience in procurement and medical logistics management will be an added advantage
- A minimum of two years’ experience working in a reputable Hospital or Registered Health Care Centre performing similar tasks.
- Should be a person of high integrity and with a good work ethic.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially when dealing with staff, students and visitors, and a good team player.
- Should be willing and able to work outside normal working hours.
- Should be a mature and committed Christian.
How to Apply
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vita and two (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please attach copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts on each application. Send to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: [email protected]
NB: Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
Deadline: 24th May 2019 by 5:00 pm