Mercy Corps Jobs in Uganda : Logistics Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mercy Corps
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Mercy Corps is an International NGO that exists to alleviate poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been fully registered in Uganda as an operational NGO. Currently Mercy Corps has an office in Kampala and is implementing Food Security programs which comprise of Water and Sanitation, Livelihood and Agriculture and Conflict Mitigation Management Program in North and North Eastern Uganda. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer is responsible for the overall Logistics Management of the Kotido Office. In charge of the Kotido Logistics department, the Logistics Officer will make sure that all programs in the field are fully supported timely and accurately in all type of logistics needs. The Logistics Officer is the key person for all the Kotido Logistics arrangements, coordination and also serves as Local Security Focal Point. In addition this position will be required to perform other program support logistical duties, such as arranging flights, transportation, lodging, etc… as the need arises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Office, the following functions are performed:
- Maintain the asset records for the Kotido office and liaise with Kampala for a centralized Assets inventory of all MC Uganda offices
- Ensure all the items bought that falls under Asset category according to MC Policies are properly registered on the Asset Register with all the required information
- Maintain the softcopy of the Asset Register for Kotido Office
- Liaise with Pader, Kampala and/or any other offices on the Assets Management, movement and monitor if the register is properly maintained and it matches with the softcopy.
- Every six months review and physically crosscheck the Asset Register with the assets to ensure the asset tags are available on the assets and update the assets condition – depreciation if applicable.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy. Ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation. Maintain administrative vehicle files for each vehicle.
- Continuous tracking of vehicle log-sheets; responsible for monthly compilation of fuel consumptions.
- With the Head Driver, schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs. Maintain vehicle movement board daily. Oversee and ensure proper use of the vehicles.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s)
- Organize cleaning of vehicles.
- Organize regular service schedules for vehicles and maintain service schedule files.
- Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- T rack vehicle expenses in accordance with the respective procurement policy.
- File Monthly Vehicle Consumables sheet for each vehicle separately.
- Order and maintain stock of spare parts and consumables.
- Manage drivers’ leave schedules ensuring smooth operation of the fleet.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure proper tracking of drivers/Guards HR files.
- Ensure drivers are licensed and trained. Participate in hiring and disciplinary measures for drivers.
- Coordinate with drivers to ensure regular vehicle communications is in place.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies, etc.
- As security focal point, coordinate with District Security officers; organize levies as needed for field trips.
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed including all vehicles’ related incidents).
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Responsible for oversight of vehicle rentals including tracking of leases and payments.
- Overall responsibility for the Kotido Logistics department
- Ensure that the warehouse office’s training needs is identified and their capacity is built.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps.
- Perform other tasks as requested and needed by Mercy Corps Operations in Kotido
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Logistics Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Procurement, Supply chain managements or a closely related field
- Three years’ experience in Logistics and Procurement Management, preferably in an international NGOs.
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel, adaptability to unanticipated circumstances,
- Microsoft Office specifically excel and computer skills, experience with using email.
- Excellent English oral and written skills,
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without supervision
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing and Assets management ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of program activities is necessary.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda to: [email protected]