Ministry of Public Service Jobs in Uganda : Information Scientist
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ministry Of Public Service
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the Resource Centre;
- Providing users in the Resource Centre with reader services and deliverables, such as information;
- Providing circulation and retrieval services; carrying out resource centre services of data entry, shelving, cataloguing and indexing materials for easy access;
- Participating in collecting user information requirements and disseminating information appropriately;
- Compiling and analyzing user information;
- Maintaining an effective loan system of books and other reading materials;
- Entering existing documents into different databases;
- Carrying out technical processing of all documents;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science or any other closely related discipline from a recognized University /Institution.
- Competencies: Ethics and Integrity; Interpersonal; Communication and Computer Skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organisational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Age: Above 21 years
How to ApplyApplications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applicants are advised to: -
- Apply ONLINE;
- Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificate only);
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed;
- Visit the website, Click Here
- Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
- If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
- Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
- Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
- View the job details and click apply.
- Review your application and submit.
- You can only apply for a maximum of two (2) posts.