Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at GOAL
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: GOAL
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
GOAL is currently seeking to hire competent persons to join our Uganda team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to use your skills. If you are familiar with working within the international development aid sector and have a strong background in the areas mentioned, then you are the one we are looking for!
All positions are contingent to funding.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
About the Role: The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator is a senior level management position reporting directly to the Deputy Programme Director- Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning (DPD-MERL). The M&E Coordinator will be part of a team of experts in charge of monitoring and evaluation and measuring the impact of programme activities, conducting research and documenting and disseminating learnings. M&E Coordinator is expected to play an important role in providing leadership to review and monitor the implementation of partnerships with intervention partners (e.g., private sector, government, NGOs) to understand whether expected results are delivered. The M&E Coordinator will support the formulation of intervention results chains and measurement plans, design of digital M&E tools in PowerBi, CommCare and Mwater, as well as data collection to measure market systems change/ performance and impact. To achieve these tasks, the M&E Coordinator will manage M&E Officers and be supported by short-term and long-term consultants. He or she will also be supported by the Programme’s Management Unit.
MERL System Development
- Contribute to the development of the vision and strategy of MERL
- Contribute to the development and update of the programme’s overall behaviour and market system change and measurement plans by market functions
- Lead the development of measurement plans for each Partnership Agreement with Portfolio Coordinators, Intervention Leads and intervention partners
- Contribute to the development of intervention concept notes
MERL plan implementation and coordination
- Support the DPD-MERL, DPD- Business Partnership and the Programme Director to assess the implementation of specific programme activities, testing intervention hypotheses and identifying areas for improvement
- Review and monitor the implementation of partnerships with intervention partners (e.g., private sector, government, NGOs) to understand whether expected results are delivered
- Support the Portfolio Coordinators in defining, drafting, and co-design partnership with intervention partners, including measurement plan
- Lead the systematic collection of information and evidence on the programme’s impact under guidance
- Lead the verification process of intervention partners milestone completion
- Responsible for the programme performance data quality entered into the M&E system
MERL data analysis and reporting
- Conduct regular data analysis and knowledge gathering aiming at supporting the adaptive management
- Lead the preparation of field inputs into the quarterly and annual reports as required by the programme
- Contribute and exchange update and research materials with GOAL Uganda Country MEAL team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning, M&E or Research
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or related discipline
- 7 years + work experience and at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in managing the monitoring, evaluation, research and learning component of a donor – funded project
- Experience with projects that use a Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) and/or Market Systems Development project is desired.
- Familiarity with the Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) impact measurement standards is preferred
- Experience in collaborating and working with both private and public sectors.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation and training skills (in both spoken and written English)
- Good computer skills (MS Word and Excel, PowerBi, CommCare, Mwater etc)
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time from base
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programming); and a market based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Remuneration Package and Benefits:
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24 hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: [email protected] indicating the title for the position applied for in the subject line by 21st November 2019. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 21st November 2019