Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at HUNGER FIGHTERS UGANDA (HFU)
- Company: HUNGER FIGHTERS UGANDA (HFU)
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda - NGO Jobs in Uganda
Hunger Fighters Uganda, is WFP Cooperating Partners for General Food Assistance in Nakivale/Oruchinga and Kyangwali Refugee settlements. HFU wishes to recruit staff/volunteers to fill the positions tenable in the GFA project implemented in ISINGIRO and Kikuube Districts .
•Set up the monitoring and evaluation system:
•Develop the overall framework of the monitoring and evaluation activities;
•clarify the responsibilities and prepare the work plan and the detailed budget for the monitoring and evaluation activities;
•Supervise the work of the Monitoring and Evaluation office staff;
•provide guidance and technical support;
•Guide and coordinate the review of Programme log frames including:
•Providing technical advice for the revision of performance indicators;
•Ensuring that realistic intermediate and end-of-Programme targets are defined;
•Conducting a baseline study on monitoring and evaluation in the area of operation.
•Identifying sources of data, collection methods and resources needed and related cost;
•Contribute to the development of the Field Implementation Plan (FIP), ensuring alignment with Field strategy, agreement on Programme indicators and inclusion of monitoring and evaluation activities in the work plan;
•Review and provide feedback to Programmes on the quality of methodologies established to collect monitoring data, and document the protocols that are in place for the collection and aggregation of this data;
•Establish an effective system for assessing the validity of monitoring and evaluation data through a review of activities, completed monitoring forms/databases, and a review of aggregate-level statistics reported;
•Design the framework for the physical and process monitoring of Programme activities;
•Promote a results-based approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts;
•Coordinate the preparation of all monitoring and evaluation reports; guide staff and executing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission;
•Prepare consolidated progress reports for the Management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and providing specific recommendations;
•Check that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum such as the Programme Group Meeting and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action;
•Undertake regular visits to the fields to support implementation of monitoring and evaluation, check the quality of data produced, and to identify where adaptations might be needed; monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations with Programme Managers;
• Foster participatory planning and monitoring; organize and provide refresher training in monitoring and evaluation for Programmes;
•Develop field complaints mechanism, related processes and procedures to ensure that departments and Programmes have access to and are able to respond to community feedback;
•Coordinate with departments and Programmes the implementation of complaints mechanism including the quality and timeliness of replies provided to beneficiaries’ complaints;
•Support departments and Programmes to internalize the feedback received through complaints system to enhance the quality of activities and services;
•Conduct studies and research on specific inter-departmental and cross-cutting issues on the causes and roots of problems identified through complaints mechanism or other sources.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in Development discipline with a Post Graduate in Monitoring and Evaluation/Project Planning & Management.
• At Least 3yrs relevant experience with reputable Organizations in Research, Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting.
• Having knowledge of and experience with a range of M&E tools and techniques, including ability to develop effective systems for data collection, analysis and dissemination.
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to M&E and build central and Local capacity by providing technical assistance, training and supervision to staff.
• Be naturally analytical and have strong eye for compiling both Qualitative and Quantitative data (Reports, articles, case studies, success stories) suitable for project monitoring and reporting.
• Have a program approach in determining whether a program is tracking along with its goals or whether an intervention has had a desired impact.
• Have great, adaptive communication skills to be able to inspire and bring people together.
• Be flexible and creative in finding solutions.
Method of Application
Applications should be addressed to
• The Head of Human Resource, Hunger Fighters Uganda, P.O Box, 28175, Kampala. •
Hand delivered to Hunger Fighters Uganda Mbarara Field Office at Nkokonjeru or /Head Office located Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass, Next to Africa Oil Station. Deadline for submission is 23rd December 2019 at 17:00pm and interviews are scheduled 27th - 30th December 2019. Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men