National Council for Disability Jobs in Uganda : Administrative Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Council for Disability
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Reports to: Head Finance and administration
National Council for Disability (NCD) is a Public Institution established by Act of Parliament Cap 14, (National Council for Disability Act 2003 ) to promote equalization of opportunities and realization of rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs) through rights advocacy, policy influence, research, disability coordination and networking.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will ensure that the office runs smoothly and efficiently by providing secretarial and administrative support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring daily operation of the office
- Provision of clerical support
- Undertaking administrative functions
- Organizing administrative and logistical aspects of the council
- Ensuring operation of equipment
- Perform any other duties in relation to his/her work as assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Executive Secretary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant must hold a Diploma in secretarial studies
- At least three years of experience in a comparable position.
- Proven experience in data management, office administration and basic computer use, including competence in word processing, data base, spreadsheet software and internet.
- Proven experience as secretary.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment like printers and fax machines.
- Knowledge of ICT technologies (related softwares, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications like MS Office (MS word, MS excel, and MS powerpoint in particular).
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effective interpersonal skills to work with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Good computer skills and being familiar with office equipment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- High degree of self-motivation and team spirit in a non-culture and inter- displinary team.
- Soft skills, such as flexibility, dependability, adaptability and creativity
How to Apply
All candidates are encouraged to send their hard copy applications addressed to;
The Executive Secretary, post office on P.O. Box 26080, Kampala or Delivered to Plot 30 Martyrs Way, Ntinda, Kampala, near UNEB offices.
The title of the job should be indicated on the right hand top comer of the envelope. While we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
In case you do not hear from us one month after the deadline of receiving applications, then consider yourself to have not been shortlisted.
Application should be submitted with the following attachments: Detailed curriculum vitae with two referees (one of the two referees should be the applicant’s employer or most recent employer), copies of academic transcripts, certificates and three recent passport size photographs. Handwritten applications are also accepted.
Deadline: 23rd November 2018