National Library Jobs in Uganda : Librarian- Information, Research & Extension Services
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Library of Uganda
- Location: Kampala, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
The National Library of Uganda was established by the National Library Act, 2003. This Act repealed the Public Libraries Act, 1964 which had established the Public Libraries Board. The Board had been charged with the responsibility of establishing, equipping, managing and maintaining libraries in Uganda. Following the enactment of the Local Governments Act, 1997, this responsibility was decentralized to the local governments.
Job Summary: The Librarian- Information, Research & Extension Services will be tasked with the establishment of possible opportunities of developing library services, promote libraries, and produce plans for developing library services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research through the internet for possible areas for pilot projects
- Write Project proposals following guidelines by donor organizations discovered from the Internet and from NGO’s.
- Produce publicity and promotional materials in form of fliers, newspaper articles, etc. for creating library awareness and promote use of the library.
- Organize workshops for identified target groups for sensitization about library services and improvement of staff skills.
- Visit operating public libraries to evaluate performance, and establish problems and management gaps that can be handled by NLU and report back to management to decide on action to be taken.
- Give advice and guidance to those running public and community libraries.
- Perform any other duty as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) from a recognized institution
- At least three years of experience in a reputable Library service.
- Computer literacy
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications, enclosing an updated curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, academic transcripts, and evidence of seniority and naming three referees, one of whom should be library and information professional should be addressed to:
The Chairperson National Library Board,
P.O. Box 4262 Kampala
Deadline: 25th May 2018