National Medical Stores Jobs in Uganda : Internal Auditor
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: National Medical Stores (NMS)
- Location: Entebbe, Central Region, Uganda
- State: Entebbe, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will conduct audits of Accounting and I.T records, and transactions as well as for other systems, procedures and processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out audit of pretty cash accountabilities prior to replenishment
- Verify payments up to 20 million (USD 10,000) according to NMS policies and procures.
- Carrying out audits of stocks receipts, management, dispatch as well as fleet management reviews, audits of tax liabilities, and audit assignments as required from time to time.
- Carry out audit of recorded transactions related to procurement bidding, tendering & evaluation processes
- Assist in the performance of special reviews requested by Management and Board of directors.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices through continuing professional education.
- Exercise professional judgment to determine materiality of findings and adequacy and effectiveness of the operation.
- Perform audits in the area of Information Technology
- With guidance from Senior Internal Auditor, determine the direction and extent of assigned audits. Prepare the program and procedures which may include statistical sampling and electronic data processing. Prepare working papers supporting opinions presented in the report to Management
- To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Medical Stores (NMS) Internal Auditor job must hold an Honours Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related Computer Science with full CPA or ACCA OR an Honours Degree in Business Administration/Commerce with a Diploma in Information Technology and at least Level II of CPA or ACCA
- Possession of a professional audit/accounting qualification such as CIA, CIMA, ACA or an equivalent shall be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years of working experience in Audit function with a reputable organization and demonstrated experience in IT Security Auditing/ Management.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, demonstrated reliability and integrity and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters with updated CVs, copies of the academic documents/ transcripts, documents supporting your work experience, names and contact details of three professional referees addressed and delivered to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores (NMS), Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 18th January 2019